Preston's Honor by Mia Sheridan

*****

Love hurts.

Nazareth - Love Hurts

Gemini
Castor and Pollux were the twin sons of Zeus and Leda. Though Castor was mortal and Pollux was not, the brothers were very close and did everything together. Unfortunately, during a battle, Castor was killed and Pollux, heartbroken, prayed to Zeus to take his life as well. Zeus, touched by the brotherly love, put their images in the sky as the constellation Gemini. They stand out as two bright lights, together for eternity among the stars.

Prologue
Preston’s Honor, starts off when Annalia returns home after she left everything behind without saying goodbye. Requesting that she sees HIM!

Type of Characters and my choices according to pictures :
Preston

Cole

Annalia aka LIA

Chapter Development
Preston’s Honor then take us through different stages of Analia, Cole and Preston’s lives (twin brothers) growing up!, When Annalia was 11 years old Preston stole my heart, as he has a heart of gold, oh man I fell in love with him so hard, in this chapter.

The brothers seen Annalia less and less as the years gone by, because of real life, and she was not as fortunate as them, as they were more wealthy and well she very poor, their back ground was different, and well their mother did not like her

“I didn’t want them to see where I lived, to know the squalor of my life compared to theirs. I didn’t want others to see them with me and think less of them for it.
The true ugliness was in the details, the tiny papercuts that sliced at your soul, and no one who hadn’t been dirt poor could ever really understand that.

I couldn’t remember a time when their twin smiles hadn’t been waiting for me right up the road, even if I went months and months without seeing them.”

I’d become accustomed to not seeing the Sawyer boys for long stretches of time—even when they’d been living in the same town—so I continued as I had for most of my life: I loved them from afar.
^^^^^^
Annalia

As anyone can imagine you get 2 twin brothers and one girl they both like! The consequences, well let’s just say cannot turn out good.

I do not want to reveal too much of Preston’s Honor as this is the type of novel if I say too much I give away the whole story line, what I can tell you READ this and meet Preston and Cole, and then Annalia, with all her heart break that still stayed such an beautiful person, inside and out!!!!!!!

My feelings while reading this: →
UB40 - Fools Rush In

To the Author

Savehouse | Sep 24, 2018 |
5 – ‘Make a fuss’ Stars!!!
Mia Sheridan. This book was placed in my “Top 20” All-time favorite reads. I am literally on the verge of tears, just thinking about writing a review.
Make a fuss, mi amor. Make a fuss.
Yes Lia, make a fuss. Stand-up for yourself. This Book. I am speechless. It struck so close to home, I felt it in my soul. Mia knew exactly how to write the story without words, but with feelings. What I mean, is so many words were left out, but I knew, I FELT every single emotion. I came to every conclusion I knew she wanted her readers to come to. That is when you know the book is otherworldly, you don’t have to see the words written down to feel the pain. You don’t have to see the words written down to understand the connection. At least I didn’t.
It was a helpless rage, one I couldn’t direct anywhere specific, so it lashed out and then, directionless, found its way straight back to me.
Lia was the daughter of an illegal immigrant, and the product of a rape. Every day she was a constant reminder to her mother, of what happened to her. They were dirt poor, and lived in a tiny shack, with little to no money. While her mother worked for a local farm doing manual labor, she met her two best friends. Well her only friends, Preston and Cole. Immediately they became lifelong friends with something more surely to happen later on…
May more things happened later on, of which I do not want to spoil for future readers. I just want to comment on the emotions I was feeling. The prologue, oh my heart. I thought for sure I wasn’t going to like this book. The pregnancy. She left her son. For six months. I was furious! Then she explained her reasoning. She explained it SO well I couldn’t help but relate on such a personal level. To be given the opportunity, to be able to see my feelings explained on paper was a complete privilege. Postpartum Depression. I knew immediately what she was feeling, before she even knew herself. The feeling of helplessness, loneliness, body crumbling numbness.
I had my daughter when I was 18 years old, I could relate to Lia’s immense happiness her aching pain. I could relate to wanting to take a moment to myself. I could relate to her wanting to find herself. I could relate to her desperation in wanting to be loved. Ugly. Cry. Moment. She left so she can learn to be better. Not many people have the courage to do just that.
Only Lia had needed more—she had needed emotional care, too, and I hadn’t taken the time to acknowledge that.
When it finally came to her reasoning chapter my heart was breaking in two. Both of them were living in a shell of the person they once were. He was shut down with his own grieving and guilt, and she was trying to be the person he fell in love with in the beginning. Instead of communicating their problems, they let the pain fester and boil until the damage was almost irrevocable.
All that time I’d been trying so desperately to keep it alive, had Annalia been dying right in front of me?
Rosa. I loved her. She was a perfect addition to the story. The motherly figure that Lia never had, but needed to desperately.
So no, happiness is not the word. Purpose. Contentment. Joy. To find those things, don’t seek happiness. Search instead for those who need your gift and give it away.
This book. I highly recommend this book. Another jaw-dropping-emotional- whirlwind of epic proportions from Miss Sheridan.
  Meagantull | Oct 11, 2017 |

"There were two brothers--identical twins- and though I loved them both, my soul belonged to only one. Annalia Del Valle has loved Preston Sawyer all her life. The daughter of an impoverished migrant farmworker, she grew up in a tiny, cooped up shack in California's Central Valley. But her heart found freedom in the land, in the wide-open spaces of Sawyer Farm, and in the boys who were her only friends. Preston has yearned for Annalia since he was a boy. But a sense of honor kept him from pursuing her until he's unable to hold back any longer and their worlds#x0;and bodies#x0;collide one hot summer night. A night that sets off a chain of events that will alter their lives forever. Now Annalia is back in town after disappearing without a trace for six long months. Preston has survived grief, a ravaging drought, and the despair of heartache, but he's not sure he can survive Annalia again. And he might be unwilling to try. Will pride and bitterness keep him from the one thing he's always longed for?"--Back cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,718,356 books! | Top bar: Always visible