Charlotte the Scientist Is Squished by…

Charlotte the Scientist Is Squished

by Camille Andros

Other authors: Brianne Farley (Illustrator)

Charlotte the Scientist is Squished is a wonderful book about a young female (rabbit) scientist who uses the scientific method to figure out how to get away from her too-big family. She goes through each step of the scientific method and ends up in space. Eventually, misses her family and goes back down to join them. The illustrations are fun and silly, the story is engaging, and the integration of science curriculum is seamless. I also love that it's a female scientist. This would be a great way to introduce the scientific method, but I also plan on reading it to my kindergarten students. It was a great library book-sale find! ( )
  alootens1 | Nov 30, 2018 |
This book is about a bunny who loves conducting her science experiments but can’t quite do them being surrounded by her entire family. She just wants her space. I’ve never read a children’s book that contained that scientific notation so that was very new to me and I loved it! Since he first time hearing of the scientific notation for me was in high school, this would definitely be something I would introduce to children. ( )
  rferia | Sep 4, 2018 |
Wow! I love seeing the scientific method presented so clearly to preschoolers ... there is no need to wait until you are in high school!!
Scientist bunnies, unite! ( )
  melodyreads | Oct 18, 2017 |
This book was given 5 stars from my students. The story teaches how to find a solution to a problem using science. The illustrations are bright and aid in the story. I will use this book with my children for story times of different ages. ( )
  SWONclear | Aug 29, 2017 |
Charlotte was one squished bunny! All she wanted to do was work on her scientific experiments, but her numerous family members were always getting in her way. Wherever she turned, she found herself surrounded. Eventually deciding that the only way to get some space was to launch herself into space, she set up a laboratory on the moon. Now she had space - but was it everything she'd hoped...?

Featuring an engaging young heroine and adorable artwork, Charlotte the Scientist is Squished makes a wonderful introduction to the scientific method for younger children. Not only does Charlotte use the five-step method - Question / Hypothesize / Experiment / Observe / Conclude - in solving her problem, but the afterword expands upon that method, asking the young reader/listener questions about the story, and about how the method is utilized in it. The ending of the story here is heartwarming, demonstrating how the needs of Charlotte the bunny and Charlotte the scientist were reconciled, while the artwork captures the sweet appeal of the leporine heroine. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | May 30, 2017 |

Camille Androsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Farley, BrianneIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Charlotte is a serious scientist. She solves important problems by following the scientific method. She has all the right equipment: protective glasses, a lab coat, a clipboard, and a magnifying glass. What she doesn’t have is space. She has so many brothers and sisters (she is a rabbit, after all) that she is too squished to work on her experiments! Can she use science to solve her problem? This funny, satisfying story is a playful introduction to the scientific method and perfect for sparking an interest in STEM subjects.

(retrieved from Amazon Sat, 08 Apr 2017 13:35:39 -0400)

"Charlotte, a serious scientist and a bunny, uses the scientific method to solve her problem: being squished by her many brothers and sisters"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,697,515 books! | Top bar: Always visible