A Bone to Pick by Charlaine Harris

A Bone to Pick

by Charlaine Harris

Series: Aurora Teagarden (2)

Pretty much nothing happened in this book that was plot worthy. It seems to have been created solely for character development for the rest of the series. I do like the main character ... So onward to the next in the series.
  Awill424 | Jun 9, 2019 |
Second in a series. The first I listened to with Audible--I heard of the series from a friend who listens to books often. She recommended the narrator Therese Plummer.

This book I read on Kindle. I enjoyed it, but I had a difficult time keeping the various neighbors straight. I have a feeling Plummer would have helped in that respect. The plot, as in most cozy mysteries, was a bit banal. Quite a few words were spent on complaining about job. On her dating life. Oh well, I will read at least one more, and perhaps listen to one if they ever go on sale. ( )
  kaulsu | Aug 24, 2018 |
This was a very bizarre book. I think it was supposed to be a murder mystery where the main character was trusted to find the killer by an elderly friend. However, Roe was far more worried about bridesmaid dresses than the skull she hid. Roe never investigated the murder-in fact, the whole ending is a complete farce. ( )
  SevenAcreBooks | Jul 11, 2018 |
This one was okay. I didn't feel like much a tually happened until the last couple of chapters. ( )
  pennma05 | Jan 29, 2018 |
Aurora Teagarden is as surprised as everyone else when Jane Engle, a former member of the disbanded Real Murders Club, leaves Roe her estate. Especially since Jane has left Roe not only her house but a healthy savings account. But when someone breaks into the house shortly after Roe takes possession, obviously looking for something, Roe goes on a hunt of her own and finds a mystery she didn't really want.

I remain torn on this series. The mysteries themselves are decent for a cozy series but I continue to find Aurora just slightly on the wrong side of unlikable. Also I was a little bummed that Jane resigned her position as a librarian as that was one of the factors that drew me into the series to begin with. I think I'll give this one more entry and then make a final call on whether I want to continue. ( )
  MickyFine | Oct 27, 2017 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Desimini,LisaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Muller, AnneTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Plummer, ThèréseNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Patrick, Timothy, and Julia
In less than a year, I went to three weddings and one funeral.

Copied over from Amazon: "Aurora Teagarden's life was pretty much in order, though she wouldn't have objected to a nice relationship. All things considered, however, there wasn't anything to complain about. Then Jane Engle died. Aurora and Jane had been friends - not particularly close friends, but they'd both been members of the Real Murder Society and on occasion had shared tea, as well as an interest in crime. So Aurora was surprised to discover that she was named in Jane's will as the heir to her home and some money . . . about a half million dollars, in fact. A nice house, a lot of money . . . things were looking up nicely. But the house held a secret - a fact that was frighteningly obvious the first time Aurora went there and realized that someone had broken in, had been searching for something..."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425219798, Mass Market Paperback)

Death comes calling on a small-town librarian whose life is passing her by.

Aurora "Roe" Teagarden's fortunes change when a deceased acquaintance names her as heir to a rather substantial estate, including money, jewelry, and a house complete with a skull hidden in a window seat. Roe concludes that the elderly women has purposely left her a murder to solve. So she must identify the victim and figure out which one of her new, ordinary-seeming neighbors is a murderer-without putting herself in deadly danger.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:50 -0400)

Aurora's fortunes change after a deceased acquaintance names her as heir to a rather substantial estate, complete with a skull hidden in the house. Roe concludes that the elderly woman has purposely left her a murder to solve.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,605,183 books! | Top bar: Always visible