Starworld by Audrey Coulthurst

Starworld

by Audrey Coulthurst

711,625,716 (5)None

High school is a hard time, but having a mother with cancer and a disabled brother, or struggling to understand your sexuality while navigating your mother’s OCD makes high school even harder. So, when Zoe, a popular girl, and Sam, an art savant struggling to stay invisible, develop an unlikely friendship something extraordinary is bound to ensure.

Hold on to your heart as Starworld takes you to another galaxy, in this enchanting tale of friendship, love and finding one’s self. I don’t know that you will encounter a more enriching, engaging and heart wrenching book. I feel like a better friend and person for having read Sam and Zoe’s story.

Many authors set their books in a high school setting, but often fail to capture the essence of the struggle, or fail to create characters that are relatable. Coulthurst and Garner eloquently transmit the anxiety, stressors and high school friendships in their first pairing and after the beauty of this book, I certainly hope to see more from these two!

*A review copy of this book was provided by the publisher, Candlewick Press. All opinions are my own. ( )
  JillRey | Dec 28, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Audrey Coulthurst's book Starworld is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,576,011 books! | Top bar: Always visible