We'll Meet Again (1999)

by Mary Higgins Clark

After serving six years in prison for the manslaughter of her husband, Molly Carpenter Lasch emerges to face the media, a changed and damaged woman. Determined to prove her innocence, she persuades an investigative reporter to research her husband's death, but it's a decision that soon results in menace, unanswered questions and potentially fatal choices.… (more)

English (13)  Spanish (2)  All languages (15)
My first Mary Higgins Clark book. It was okay for a time-waster, but I probably won't be seeking out more. The plot was just a little too implausible, and the writing was awkward in spots. I'll go back to working my way through Patricia Wentworth's Miss Silver mysteries when I need a good whodunit. ( )
  IVLeafClover | Jun 21, 2022 |
Not MHC’s best but still very good. She had the title “Wueen of Suspense” for good reason! Her books are always a good read. ( )
  NixieH | Jun 6, 2022 |
I have not yet read this book.
  LynneQuan | Sep 21, 2017 |
Molly Carpenter Lasch is accused of murdering her husband quite brutally with a Remington bronze sculpture and is incarcerated on those charges. Her memory of that night was nonexistant until she was out on parole and bit by bit events of that evening started fitting into place. It was surprisingly easy to keep track of the characters in the book, and the ending was not at all anticipated. I enjoyed this novel and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys suspense. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
When I first started reading this book, I was fascinated by how quickly MHC can pull her reader into a story. I quickly remembered how enthralled I was while reading her other books. However, I seem to have forgotten how incredibly wordy she is. The last 27 pages of this book are the best - fast paced, gripping, and pure MHC; but it doesn’t counteract the 287 pages of extended dialogue, plodding stream of consciousness, and character bombardment. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 13, 2013 |

Clark, Mary Higginsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Maxwell, JanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Marilyn
My firstborn child
With love
The State of Connecticut will prove that Molly Carpenter Lasch, with the intent to cause death of her husband, Dr. Gary Lasch, did in fact cause his death; that as he sat at his desk, his back to her, she shattered his skull with a heavy bronze sculpture; that she then left him to bleed to death as she went upstairs to their bedroom and fell asleep....

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,215,625 books! | Top bar: Always visible