Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Shades of Twilight

by Linda Howard

Dear Listener, Shades of Twilight is the story of Roanna Davenport, who grows up in a wealthy southern family but never quite fits in. She isn't pretty or popular, and she has a real talent for saying the wrong thing at precisely the wrong moment. She's in love with a distant cousin, Webb Tallant. But Webb marries their cousin Jessie, the bane of Roanna's life. When Jessie is found murdered, Webb is blamed for her death, even though there isn't enough evidence to charge him. Webb leaves town, and Roanna is left to pick up the pieces. All her life, Roanna has tried to win the love of her grandmother, of Webb, and of her extended family--and every time she's been slapped down. She's had enough. Roanna withdraws from the family, and that's when her grandmother, Lucinda, realizes how very important this misfit is to all of them. Lucinda tries to make amends to Roanna by setting in motion a chain of events that brings Webb back home. But the plan disturbs a killer who is set on vengeance--and this time, the whole family seems to be the target. I hope you enjoy Shades of Twilight. Sincerely, Linda Howard… (more)

Roanna and Webb are distant second cousins. 7 year old Roanna is left orphaned when her parents die in a car accident. She comes to live with her grandmother at Davencourt, her families rich estate. She does not feel welcome by her family, they treat her as if she is not wanted, but only Webb is there to protect her and make her feel safe. Roanna grows up developing a huge crush on Webb and practically worships him. She tries out her burgeoning feelings for him in a kiss that sets of a cataclysim of events. Webb and his wife Jessie, Roanna's other cousin, have a fight and threaten each other with divorce. That very night,Jessie ends up dead.

This one is dated, which is why the heroine lacks a real backbone. But overall, it is a passionate love story/mystery. You will be surprised when the killer is revealed. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Well it was boring for the most part in the beginning but as u read on it gets interesting and there are the few spots of the steamy areas of the book but only adds more to the story and u will not put down the book even tho it switches from one persons side of the story to another's view of the story it isn't hard to follow along and not get lost as to what they are talking about. I love how Linda holds the suspense above your head making u think whats going to happen next. I love a love story mixed into drama and a murder scene. I really do believe ive found one of my favorite authors!!! Im going to be reading more of her work!!!! ( )
  BookLiteGal | Mar 27, 2016 |
Read a long time ago. Don't remember anything. Have lost my taste for Howard's work so I'm moving this out. ( )
  phyllis2779 | Feb 7, 2016 |
This book blew me a way. I absolutely loved it. I understand if some might find it distasteful or offensive but for me it was MARVELOUS. ( )
  invincible005 | Jul 3, 2015 |
A touch more romance than suspense, but a great story. ( )
  Nero56 | Apr 6, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,340,135 books! | Top bar: Always visible