A Court of Frost and Starlight

by Sarah J. Maas

Series: Court of Thorns and Roses (3.1)

Narrated by Feyre and Rhysand, this bridges the events inA Court of Wings and Ruinand the upcoming novels in the series. New in the #1 New York Timesbestselling Court of Thorns and Roses series,A Court of Frost and Starlight is a glimpse into the lives of Feyre and Rhys as they begin to recover from the war that changed their world. Feyre, Rhysand, and their close-knit circle of friends are still busy rebuilding the Night Court and the vastly-changed world beyond. But Winter Solstice is finally near, and with it, a hard-earned reprieve. Yet even the festive atmosphere can't keep the shadows of the past from looming. As Feyre navigates her first Winter Solstice as High Lady, she finds that those dearest to her have more wounds than she anticipated -- scars that will have a far-reaching impact on the future of their Court.… (more)

Definitely some filler, but I didn’t mind. A great read for the holiday season, and it provided a lot of the fluffy slice-of-life stuff I was wanting after the last book. Now I need to prepare myself for A Court of Silver Flames.

Kind of Spoiler-y, but I was extremely happy we got to see Feyre start painting again and make a career out of it, and that we also get to see Rhys and the others having some family fun. I loved all of the emphasis on how creating art can heal and share stories and experiences. It really spoke to me as a writer, and once again reminded me of why I want to write. Thank you Sarah J. Mass. ( )
  KatieWrites | Jan 4, 2022 |
This is a good companion novella and offers series readers a break between Maas' epic novels. ( )
  LREnglishTeach | Jan 3, 2022 |
  LREnglishTeach | Jan 3, 2022 |
Nice, much less intense than the previous books, and frankly, I was happy the characters got a break. It was a nice winter solstice story, not sappy, and not ignoring problems of their past or future, but a sweet reprieve. ( )
  embly | Dec 11, 2021 |
Still 3/5. This is my first reread of the book. I think I enjoyed it more this time than the last. I felt as though it served as a great segway of branching from Feyre/Rhys' story to a focus on the rest of the cast. I still love the ending of the book, it's so incredibly wonderful to know that a character has found something that fills of their soul after so much strife. ( )
  battlearmanda | Nov 30, 2021 |

Sarah J. Maasprimary authorall editionscalculated
Cobb, Amanda LeighNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To the readers who look up at the stars and wish
The first snow of winter had begun whipping through Velaris an hour earlier.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,158,891 books! | Top bar: Always visible