Cherish Hard

by Nalini Singh

Series: Hard Play (1)

1199186,569 (3.76)2
Sailor Bishop has only one goal for his future-to create a successful landscaping business. No distractions allowed. Then he comes face-to-face and lips-to-lips with a woman who blushes like an innocent . . . and kisses like pure sin. �sa Rain craves a man who will cherish her, aches to create a loving family of her own. Trading steamy kisses with a hot gardener in a parking lot? Not the way to true love. Then a deal with the devil (aka her CEO-mother) makes �sa a corporate VP for the summer. Her main task? Working closely with a certain hot gardener. And Sailor Bishop has wickedness on his mind. As �sa starts to fall for a man who makes her want to throttle and pounce on him at the same time, she knows she has to choose-play it safe and steady, or risk all her dreams and hope Sailor doesn't destroy her heart. Contains mature themes.… (more)

3.5 stars ( )
  ChelseaVK | Dec 10, 2021 |
I love this book! This was a reread for me and it was delightful to experience the audiobook with the various accents. Justine is a brilliant narrator! Nalini makes me swoon again! ( )
  Musscle | Jul 10, 2021 |
I'd seen this author as I searched for books in my current genre - but didn't know her. Saw her recommended on a list and this was one of 2 of her audiobooks available at my library. Can't believe I'd never heard of her, a New Zealander. A fun read with tender moments that made it a cut above. Loved the New Zealand accents attempted by narrator Justine O. Keef. ( )
  Okies | May 14, 2021 |
Cherish Hard is the first novel in the Hard Play series by Nalini Singh.

Plot:
Ísa dreams of having the kind of stable family she never had growing up. But for that she first needs to find a partner who is just as ready to settle down as she is. The hot gardener working at her school, Sailor, does not fit that bill. Running his own business with ambitious plans for his future and a few years younger than her, he is certainly not the kind of guy she is looking for. And yet, Ísa can’t keep her eyes off him. When fate, or rather Ísa’s CEO mother, forces them to work together, it’s the possibility for Sailor to convince Ísa that he is in it for the long haul – because he is head over heels for her.

Cherish Hard is a fun read, but not one of Singh’s best novels, I’d say. I liked both Ísa and Sailor, but I wasn’t as invested in their story as I would have liked – or even expected to be.

Read more on my blog: https://kalafudra.com/2021/04/20/cherish-hard-nalini-singh/ ( )
  kalafudra | Apr 20, 2021 |
Sailor and Isa's story - Sailor first sees Isa when he is 16 and then not again until 7 years later. They come from different backgrounds but are drawn to each other. There are some personal struggles to overcome.

This story takes place in New Zealand, which I love. I wish a little more of the setting would have come through in the story. Other than that, it was a nice romance and a pleasurable read. ( )
  sdbookhound | Apr 19, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

She walks in beauty, like the night

Of cloudless climes and starry skies;

And all that’s best of dark and bright…

From “She Walks in Beauty” ~ Lord Byron
SAILOR WASN’T SURE WHAT THE hell he was doing at a college party.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,388,801 books! | Top bar: Always visible