Mother Nature's Herbal: A Complete Guide for Experiencing the Beauty, Knowledge & Synergy of Everything That Grows

by Judith Griffin

Step into a world of spiritual rejuvenation and radiant health with the restorative power of herbs. Brimming with herbal folklore, tips for growing and harvesting your own herbs, and over two hundred medicinal and culinary recipes from diverse cultures, Mother Nature's Herbalwill become your trusted companion on the path to natural living. Take a tour of the time-honored traditions and healing practices of cultures past and present, including Native and South American, Mediterranean, East Asian, and others. Create delicious and exotic entrees, brew soothing herbal teas, mix perfumes and salves using flower essences from your backyard garden, prepare elixirs and medicines to treat every ailment--and so much more. With this wise book on your kitchen shelf, a rich heritage of herb craft and herbal tradition is at your fingertips.… (more)

I really love this book. I haven't read it all the way through but I read different sections as the need comes along. I love the recipes in it and the author's gardening advice because I'm not much of a gardener myself but I want to be. I found what I've read to be wonderful, full of the author's personal stories and advice. A wonderful read. I would definitely suggest it to friends. ( )
  willowsilvhorse | Feb 25, 2010 |

Belongs to Publisher Series

People throughout the centuries have enjoyed a special relationship with Nature and her many gifts. Now you, too, can discover how to use a planet full of medicinal and culinary herbs through more than 200 recipes and tonics. Explore the cuisine, beauty secrets and folk remedies of China, the Mediterranean, South America, India, Africa and North America. color insert.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 202,109,313 books! | Top bar: Always visible