Living Dead in Dallas

by Charlaine Harris

Series: Sookie Stackhouse (2)

Living Dead in Dallas is the sequel to Dead Until Dark in the new Southern Vampire series from acclaimed mystery author Charlaine Harris. When a vampire asks Sookie Stackhouse to use her telepathic skills to find another missing vampire, she agrees under one condition: the bloodsuckers must promise to let the humans go unharmed. Easier said than done.… (more)

English (297)  French (1)  Italian (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (301)
I was leant this book from a friend and found it good for light reading, but I wasn't too impressed with it. Kind of too much romance novel and fluff for me, but it wasn't bad for a fluff book. ( )
  BurrowK | Jul 31, 2022 |
I liked the first book in this series, but with this book did I rally start to love the series. The Sookie Stackhouse series is such a fantastic series, at least until the last book that ruined it all.

Living Dead in Dallas is a terrific book. I love the humor, the action and of course, Eric Northman. Yup, not a Bill fan at all! ;)

I do recommend this series, however, the last book is very, very bad. But until that one is the books great! ( )
  MaraBlaise | Jul 23, 2022 |
I'm not sure really what to say about this book. My thoughts about it are no doubt tainted by the fact that I read the first book, then watched the first season on HBO and then read this book. The show and the book is just different enough that everything kind of blurs together and it's hard to remember what happened where.

The book just seemed like the same characters, but not a continuation of the first book like I expected. I mean Sookie went through so much in the first book that I thought that there would be more referrals back to those situations, but there were not. Also, how many times does Sookie have to get beat up? We get the point...

I guess I was just disappointed by this book, but I had high hopes for it. It wasn't a bad book by any means, just a disappointment to me. ( )
  MBTC | Jul 9, 2022 |
Gengilbeinan Sookie fær nóg að gera í þessarri annarri bók Charlaine Harris um huglæsu stúlku innan um vampýrur og aðrar yfirnáttúrulegar verur. Eftir að blóðsugurnar uppgötvuðu hæfileika hennar eru þær áfjáðar í að nota hana í sína þágu en öfgahópar venjulegra sem vilja útrýma þessari óværu eru sömuleiðis lítt hrifnir af svona samstarfsaðilum. Í sögun þvælast svo fleiri skrýmsli, mannleg og ómannleg, að gleymdu ástarsambandi Sookie við blóðsuguna Bill.
Kostur Harris er að hún blandar ágætlega saman húmor, rómantík, spennu, morðgátum og hryllingi. Gallinn við þessa sögu er að hún er dálítið út og suður og ég hrífst ekki af þeim fantasíuheimi sem Harris er að skapa um framtíðarveröld þar sem vampýrur hafa stigið fram í dagsljósið (ef svo má að orði komast) og fleiri skuggaverur þvælast um í mannheimum. ( )
  SkuliSael | Apr 28, 2022 |
A decent follow up to the first in the series. But man, the outfits Charlaine keeps putting on poor Sookie! They're dated even for the time this book came out and keep giving me Arkansas Wal-Mart shopping flashbacks.
Other than being distracted by the terrible fashions, I continue to enjoy the series. It's a bit jarring how different it is from the TV show, but we get a lot more detail and some things just work better in print than they would on TV. ( )
  readingjag | Nov 29, 2021 |

Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Murello, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wojtczak, EwaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to all the people who told me they enjoyed Dead Until Dark. Thanks for the encouragement.
Andy Bellefleur was as drunk as a skunk.

Easier said than done.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 174,097,863 books! | Top bar: Always visible