Definitely Dead

by Charlaine Harris

Series: Sookie Stackhouse (6)

Supernaturally gifted cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse heads for New Orleans, where she is forced to contend with her own family's dark legacy and a variety of potentially lethal characters.
    Bite by Laurell K. Hamilton (Trai)
    Trai: Contains "One Word Answer", the short-story prequel to Definitely Dead.

English (173)  Spanish (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (175)
While I still loved this book... I was a little disappointed there seems to be a whole backstory that is somehow missed between the last book and this one. ( )
  juniestars | Mar 17, 2021 |
Decent Fluff. ( )
  wetdryvac | Mar 2, 2021 |
Another installment in the Sookie series. It was an interesting read and storyline. There's something about these books that make me continue reading them, probably just to see what happens next in this world. I do love Eric and I love to see what happens with him. ( )
  payday1999 | Dec 8, 2020 |
not my favorite of the series, but it was quick and pretty mindless, though I felt like I was missing something. ( )
  tmbookluvr | Dec 3, 2019 |
Gah. So I spent the entire book wondering if I read them out of order because I couldn't find the numbers on the cover of the book. Turns out, we did miss stuff that happened in a vampire collection short story, that was super important to the plot. As someone who has a box set, it's really annoying that the short story wasn't included at the beginning of this book to explain it. I mean, I guess you can survive the book without reading the short, but the point is that the way its done isn't great. It was distracting. And annoying. So the whole Hadley storyline was a bust for me, except when it came to Amelia, who I actually found interesting, which is odd because I don't like any of Harris' females except for Pam.

I did, however, think that the Queen sure knows how to throw a party!

The whole Pelt family drama was over done. It was over last book, really. There wasn't any need to bring it into this one, as if it were an afterthought. It just didn't fit the plot here.

All in all, I'd have given it two stars, for confusing the crap out of me until I researched that a short story existed, (still don't know what that plot was by the way), but I really did like Sophie-Ann's party so it's a three.

Has anyone noticed my reviews of this series getting lazier and lazier? =)

EDIT: OH! and can I just say I'm not surprised by Bill's douchebaggery? ( )
  Chazlyn | Jun 30, 2019 |

Harris, Charlaineprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Desimini, LisaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Potter, Franz J.Introductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Weisz, BöbeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wilkinson, Sarahsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Obviously, this book was finished months before Hurricane Katrina struck the Gulf Coast. Since much of the plot is set in New Orleans, I struggled with whether I would leave Definitely Dead as it was, or include the catastrophe of August and September. After much thought, since Sookie's visit takes place in the early spring of the year, I decided to let the book remain as it was originally written.

My heart goes out to the people of the beautiful city of New Orleans and to all the people of the coastal areas of Mississippi, my home state. My thoughts and prayers will be with you as you rebuild your homes and your lives.
I was draped over the arm of one of the most beautiful men I'd ever seen, and he was staring into my eyes.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,496,497 books! | Top bar: Always visible