Nightchaser

by Amanda Bouchet

Series: Nightchaser (1)

"Makes an early bid for one of the best titles of the year."--Entertainment Weekly Tess Bailey: the galaxy's Most Wanted. Captain Tess Bailey is in deep trouble. She and her crew are on the run, pursued by a tyrant who'll take them dead or alive. Tess's best hope is a tall, dark, and much-too-appealing stranger, Shade Ganavan, who says he can help her. But his motivations are far from clear... Shade Ganavan: arrogance, charm...and that special something that makes you want to kick him. With the dreaded Dark Watch closing in, what Tess and Shade don't know about each other might get them killed...unless they can set aside their differences and learn to trust each other before it's too late. Nightchaser Series: Nightchaser (Book 1) Starbreaker (Book 2) Dawnmaker (Book 3) Praise for the Kingmaker Chronicles: An NPR Best Book of 2016 A KirkusBest Book of 2016, 2017, and 2018 An Amazon Best Book of 2016 and 2017 A Washington PostBest Romance of the Month A BustleBest Romance of 2016 Everyone is raving about Amanda Bouchet's Kingmaker Chronicles: "Amanda Bouchet blasts off with a series that's full of heart, humor, romance, and action."--JENNIFER ESTEP, New York Timesand USA Todaybestselling author of Kill the Queen "A heart-pounding and joyous romantic adventure. Amanda Bouchet's talent is striking."--NALINI SINGH, New York Timesbestseller "Simply brilliant."--Kirkus STARRED Review "Utterly breathtaking!"--DARYNDA JONES, New York Timesbestseller "I love these books!"--CHLOE NEILL, New York Timesbestseller "A sparkling read."--Washington Post "Absolutely fabulous."--C.L. WILSON, New York Times bestseller "I cannot remember the last time I wanted to both savor and devour a book."--Smart Bitches, Trashy Books… (more)

I will read anything Amanda Bouchet writes because she is a fabulous author. I was very excited to read this new series by her and it did not disappoint. I found the characters to be fabulous and the story to be even better. I love her writing so very much. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
Nightchaser is book one in a brand new series, Endeavor, by Amanda Bouchet. It’s got heartache, betrayal, secrets, lose, action, and so much more.

I had a delightful time reading Bouchet’s Fantasy trilogy The Kingmaker Chronicles and was excited to read her new Sci-Fi Romance.

Tess Bailey is a women on the run and everyone is out kill her. At the begging Tess is strong and decisive on her decisions, but then Shade comes into the picture and she seams to loss something. I was disappointed in this, but hopeful she will grow. She hasn’t had an easy life and it won’t be getting any easier. I will say I was shocked on the reveal of who she is and the thing about her blood is interesting. I’m curious to learn more on that aspect. As for Shade, the love interest, I liked him enough. I could understand his dilemma, it felt like something we all could go through, thou I think he should have told her what was what sooner. Both Tess and Shade have some flaws.

I will say I very much enjoyed the secondary characters. I really liked Tess’s intersection with them and that they support her. The other character I found fascinating was this strange guy Tess and her crew find on the science station they stole. We only see him a little at the beginning and then again near the end. He’s a mystery and I like mysteries.

The world-building is easy to understand. Their aren’t any unnecessary details, and the information we do get is spread out nicely. The author did a nice job in giving us snippets of Tess’s past. I liked what we got, when we got it, and that it’s not overwhelming.

I had a delightful time reading Nighchaser. I will say that some of it felt like filler. The begging and end where outstanding, both in capturing the readers attention. The romance I’m not so on board with. It was way to fast and felt more like attraction, desire, and sex then falling in love. Their are still more books so, maybe we will see growth in that area and in some of the characters. The action, mystery, and politics kept my attention. I could have done with out the fast romance.

Nightchaser is full of action and political intrigue. This is only the begging.

Rated: 4 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Sourcebooks Casablanca via NetGalley with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

angelsgp | May 14, 2021 |
I bought the book when it first came out, and without reading it bought the second in this series. I finally got around to reading it, it took some time getting into it, but it was pretty good. I just can't seem to get into the second in this series. It is not nearly as good as the previous series Amanda wrote, and it was based on the strength of that series I bought these books. I don't know.

It's a space opera/romance/rebels vs. the Empire/life on colonized planets/princess as the heroine/special snowflake with mysterious powers/is the hero going to betray the heroine for money/kind of book. ( )
  Rellwood74 | Feb 18, 2021 |
Nightchaser is the first book in the new series that Amanda Bouchet has written and this is a science fiction romance and I had a feeling that this author would deliver just as she has done within her fantasy series. I wasn’t sure what to fully expect from this author though, when it came to this book here, I just had a feeling it would be a fun time and it definitely was. As this is the first book in the romance between Shade and Tess, there is a lot of build up of the romance between them. Their romance does start out pretty slow at first, because you can see how the author is slowly building up the world here, she doesn’t really pack everything into this first book, I still have so many questions about where she will be heading with this series. But what she does have me on…..a level of intrigued where I want the mysteries unveiled.

In Nightchaser, we have our heroine, Captain Tess Bailey and a group that she flies with and they are a bit like “Robin Hood and his band of thieves” She has family that want her, no matter the cost, so that they can use what is in her blood for their own deceptive military means. Tess is determined to continue what she is doing, despite being chased all over the galaxy for it. Now her ship is damaged and in need of repairs so they touch down on a planet in search of someone that can do the repairs, quick and cheap and that is when Tess comes across Shade. Shade is working his way to buying back his family’s empire business, and only through working with Tess he is realizing the chemistry between them, but there is more to it than that….the bounty on her safe return is a temptation he isn’t sure he can resist. And Shade will have to make a choice and will he choose to stand by Tess in the end or be the one to betray her?

I found Nightchaser to be a astounding read and I was really captivated by the world that this author creates for us here. I really loved seeing the dynamics between Shade and Tess. They have such profound personalities and you come to see them for what they are in the end and what they are capable of and in the end what they are willing to sacrifice for each other. Tess was such a likeable heroine, while she can fight just as good as anyone, she has such a kind and caring heart and that was so attractive within the story. Seeing what she is willing to sacrifice for the sake of others especially children just warms the heart. Shade is a hero that will pull you into the story, he has that rugged blue collar vibe and I just wanted more of his background and hidden story because I know there are many depths to his character I am looking forward to seeing in future books.

Overall I found Nightchaser to be a stunning debut novel to this series, its a book that will gravitate your attention, gear one up for the world building with each chapter, and brings to light a beautiful balance of plot focus and character building….Amanda Bouchet delivers on a level that leaves this reader itching for more!! ( )
  addictofromance | Jan 1, 2021 |
What a great start to a series! Now I wish I'd waited until it was done lol. I would have liked the romance to go a little deeper, but maybe there's more room to develop that a little more later. I'm normally not a huge sci-fi fan, but it wasn't too heavy in this book and the world building was slow and steady, which I liked. I also stayed up way too late to finish reading this, which speaks volumes. Read my full review here. ( )
  littlebookjockey | Sep 15, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,313,334 books! | Top bar: Always visible