Book Love by Debbie Tung

Book Love (2019)

by Debbie Tung

It's every book lovers dream graphic novel! Yes this book is about me to a tee. As I read each page with wonder and laughter, I just nodded and said out loud "yup I do that" as my husband is shaking his head at me. Every single bookworm needs to read this graphic novel... for the love of everything book related in your life... this is it! ( )
  booklover3258 | Mar 15, 2019 |
I wish this book had larger pages to better appreciate the art, but what is here is excellent. A great gift for the book lover in your life, even if that person is you. :) ( )
  freelunch | Mar 13, 2019 |
I love her art style. I really enjoyed all the detailed black & white illustrations.

I laughed at only a few of the comics but strongly identified with virtually all of them. This was a comfort read for me. I felt validated regarding my love of books and reading.

This was my first Hoopla e-book from the library. I signed up for Hoopla because this is the only edition of this book available at my library. I’d rather have read the paper book but even on my phone it was a good enough reading experience.

Highly recommend to most book lovers - all but those who don’t like books about books or comics.

I definitely want to read all her comics/books. I am a fan of her art and of what she has to say. I read this one over 3 days but only because I wanted it to last. She “gets” me/typical bookworms.

This was a joy for me to read/view! ( )
  Lisa2013 | Mar 8, 2019 |
Fun little book of comics about books. Not much depth to it...and her (cover) lists of good books contained a lot of "classics" and few that interested me (Catcher in the Rye, Eat Pray Love, A Thousand Splendid Suns...lots of books I "should" read, none I'm interested in reading for their own sake). I was hoping for some book bullets. But a lot of her experiences either match mine or I've at least thought about doing that (going off in a corner and reading, at a party...). Enjoyable, and I'll probably look up more of her work online. ( )
  jjmcgaffey | Feb 28, 2019 |
‘Bookworms rejoice! These charming comics capture exactly what it feels like to be head-over-heels for hardcovers. And paperbacks! And ebooks! And bookstores! And libraries!

Book Love is a gift book of comics tailor-made for tea-sipping, spine-sniffing, book-hoarding bibliophiles. Debbie Tung’s comics are humorous and instantly recognizable—making readers laugh while precisely conveying the thoughts and habits of book nerds. Book Love is the ideal gift to let a book lover know they’re understood and appreciated.’

This. So much this. Debbie Tung's Book Love speaks to my soul. It's like the author has been spying on my (admittedly boring) life! It's clear she's an avid bibliophile herself. This book was an awesome reminder that we book-lovers are not alone, even when it feels like no one around us understands. I loved that she sketched out myriad amazing books others might enjoy. They were so varied, there's sure to be something for everyone. I made a reading challenge using these panels.

One sketch is about how to get more reading done, and a panel included keeping a list of books you've read. Such a great idea! I've done this since 1993, and going back over the list is a great mnemonic tool. I can pull up a wealth of memories by scanning the list. A perfect gift for the bibliophile in your life!

***Many thanks to Netgalley/ Andrews McMeel for providing an ecopy in exchange for a fair and honest review. ( )
  PardaMustang | Feb 26, 2019 |
Books can take you
To magical places

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,377,230 books! | Top bar: Always visible