ENLIGHTENMENT (THE BATHALA SERIES) by Reno…

ENLIGHTENMENT (THE BATHALA SERIES)

by Reno Ursal

811,470,235 (5)None

No tags.

We are proud to publish "Enlightenment," Book One of the Bathala Series by Filipino-American author Reno Ursal. This is the first book of its kind, a Young Adult novel that uses Filipino history as the backdrop for a supernatural coming-of-age love story. We don't know of a novel that captures the push and pull of Young Adult relationships with Filipino American characters! Undoubtedly, the Filipino American perspective is largely ignored in the Young Adult market. With "Enlightenment", YA readers experience the twist and turns of a young relationship between Dorothy and Adrian that is somehow connected to the complicated history of the Philippines with supernatural flare.

The author's original manuscript was over 600 pages. We published this book at a reasonable 270+ pages that gives readers an easy read from two first-person perspectives. We have high hopes for "Enlightenment," Book One of The Bathala Series, a series that will take Dorothy and Adrian around the world. With the hard work put in by the author and editors, it is our opinion readers will find this a worthwhile read. Otherwise, we wouldn't have published it!

Thank you to all the Advanced Readers giving us feedback thus far. Release date is March 2019! We invite all readers to be Enlightened in 2019 anywhere books are sold! ( )
1 vote | pacificbooks | Nov 2, 2018 |
This book was received as an ARC from Pacific Boulevard Books in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

Enlightenment really opens your eyes the dependency of love and survival through Dorothy and Adrian. The power and bond they have formed throughout the book was so magically powerful that you could feel their struggle throughout the book. Everyone looks at love as something that comes and goes but they never really look at the other side of the powerful connection you have with the one another, so powerful that it is needed for survival. A powerful message that readers will easily connect to.

This book will be considered for our YFiction collection at our library. That is why we give this book 4 stars.

Okay this one was such a fast read,that I enjoyed a lot.
It was well written,with good characters and good plot!!
I will definitely want to read more of this author and I will reccomed ir
added by pacificbooks | editNetgalley, Valentina L (Sep 26, 2018)

I love any book that's got a character who is comes to learn of some crucial part history of their being or culture, and this book serves that.
It fits the YA bill, with the curiosity, impatience, restlessness, uncertainty, love and drama. The chemistry between Dorothy and Adrian was quite interesting but what's even more interesting is the ending. It certainly sets the pace for the next book. Thank you Netgalley for the eARC.
added by originalsalt | editGoodreads.com (Sep 18, 2018)

Enlightenment is a novel that definitely has the ability to keep the reader's interest throughout the course of the novel. Plot wise the novel is intense, filled with a rich Filipino history and the reader is really able to get a true sense of the culture of the ancient Filipinos. The novel takes a refreshing and interesting spin on the vampire and lets the reader view them not as humanities enemies, feasting off our blood without gratitude but as humanities protectors.
added by originalsalt | editGoodreads.com (Sep 9, 2018)

The Tawalisi horizon slowly faded as Urduja's fleet of proas boats sailed south out of Dosol Bay.
The history of the islands is fleeting, but when one remembers, it's the land of a thousand unknown tribes written out of history.

When Dorothy Dizon meets the mysterious Adrian Rosario and his alluring knowledge of Filipino history, her life takes an unchartered detour. Dorothy’s true calling is connected to the hidden history of the Philippines, but Adrian reveals nothing about the truth to keep her safe from enemies of his beloved secret society.

Adrian doesn’t realize how Dorothy affects his body and soul. And the more he underestimates her influence, the more vulnerable they become. Together, they experience an emotional journey that tests their beliefs, their choices ultimately affecting the people they love, leading them to the brink of enlightenment.

Enlightenment, Book One of The Bathala Series explores the forgotten history of the Philippines through the first-person perspectives of Filipino characters who walk the precipice between friendship and love.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Reno Ursal's book Enlightenment is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Reno Ursal is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,768,146 books! | Top bar: Always visible