Meely LaBauve by Ken Wells

Meely LaBauve

by Ken Wells

Fifteen-year-old Meely LaBauve spends his time along the Catahoula Bayou trying to help his father avoid the local police.

I picked up a book called "Junior's Leg" and found out it was a sequel to "Meely LaBauve", so I decided to read Meely first. I really really liked this book and it's hard to say why. It has to be good writing, because it just tells a story about a teenage boy, not really my cup of tea. But, I really hated to see the story end. ( )
  bjkelley | Apr 10, 2018 |
Solid southern fiction, clear, direct writing, absent of annoying frou-frou. ( )
  patience_crabstick | Oct 11, 2008 |
I love this book. Meely's lifestyle is not normal, his mother is dead, his father leaves him alone, he goes to school when he wants, and struggles to eat. But he likes his life. So when bully, Junior Guidry starts messing with his life, Meely figures it is worth fighting for. And he does, with hilarious, and sometimes sad, results. ( )
  Mtnpersei | Jul 21, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,636,804 books! | Top bar: Always visible