Cat's Eyewitness (2005)

by Rita Mae Brown, Sneaky Pie Brown (Author)

The sleepy little town of Crozet, Virginiahas seen its share of mischief and mayhem, but nothing like this. While visiting the Mt. Carmel monastery, Mary Minor "Harry" Haristeen witnesses a statue of the Virgin Mary cry tears of blood. Legend says this fortells crises, and soon a monk is found frozen to death near the statue. Before long the monk's body disappears, another Crozet citizen dies, and a shocking revelation to an ages-old mystery surfaces. Thankfully, Harry and her sleuthing animals are on the case--unofficially, or course.… (more)

hb
  5083mitzi | Jul 1, 2021 |
I usually love all of Mrs Murphy's books, but this one was a little boring and drawn out. Maybe I just didn't care for the subject matter. No bother, I'll still read the next! ( )
  bookswithmom | Dec 18, 2019 |
Harry, Mrs. Murphy, Tucker and Pewter are at it again. Along with Susan for human company, the group is out to solve another murder in Crozet County.
Added to this particular mystery is the life decisions Harry has to deal with, giving her more than just a murder to solve.
I enjoy this series and the personalities of the characters. Also the images of Crozet and its residents. Reading Rita Mae Brown and Sneaky Pie's books, takes me on a vacation without leaving the comfort of my own home. ( )
  ChazziFrazz | Jun 23, 2016 |
Not as much fun as others I have read. No longer at the post office, whining friend, etc. Just didn't come off as a Crozet story. ( )
  Greymowser | Jan 23, 2016 |
Number 13 in the Mrs. Murphy series.
  OSLCTopeka | Oct 14, 2010 |

Rita Mae Brownprimary authorall editionscalculated
Brown, Sneaky PieAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
A thin trickle of water zigzagged over the Virgin Mary's cold face.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,880,664 books! | Top bar: Always visible