A mage and a warrior must see beyond their facades and embrace the bond that links their souls in this powerful Carpathian novel from #1 New York Times bestselling author Christine Feehan. At any other time, Julija Brennan would find solace in the quiet of the Sierra Mountains, but now the mage is in the race of her life. Having broken free from her controlling family, Julija's attempts to warn the Carpathians of the coming threat has failed and put a target on her back--and those who hunt her are close behind... After centuries locked away in a monastery in the Carpathian Mountains, Isai Florea can't believe he's finally found his lifemate--the missing half of his soul. The second he sees Julija his world blazes with color. But despite their explosive connection Julija rebels against what she sees as Isai's intent to control her and rejects the bond that would prevent him from becoming a monster. As their unfulfilled bond continues to call to them both, Julija and Isai aim to complete the task that brought them together. They are used to facing danger alone, but now the mage and the ancient warrior must learn how to rely on each other in order to stop a plot that threatens all Carpathians...… (more)

This is one of my favorite Carpathian books in a long time. I actually liked that when Julija initially rejected Isai he accepted it! Hallelujah! Finally! I love those alpha men and it always bothered me in previous books when they didn't accept their mates initial refusals. I love this couple, I love their rocky start and how it blossomed into an incredibly supported team.

Julija has endured unimaginable mental and physical abuse her entire life but never gave up her inner light. While her trust issues almost breaks them in the beginning Isai's strength of character, honor, compassion, and unwillingness to accept less than he deserves wins her in the end.

This is a great addition to the Carpathian series, adding new characters both good and bad to keep driving this series forward.

More of my reviews can be found at https://wyldheartreads.wordpress.com/
  wyldheartreads | Dec 14, 2020 |

Julija Brennan:
Isai Florea:
Barnabas, Anatolli (Julija’s father), Belle, Blue, Comet, Phaedra

The Story:

I used to adore Christine Feehan’s writing, the last few years however, I've found it repetitive and unnecessarily long. This book is no exception. While she creates beautiful, vivid images with her words I could do with a few less of them. The story, when you trim off the excess, was really good. Julija was trying to find a destroy a book created by Xavier and last seen with Isai’s brother. I will admit Isai’s behavior at the beginning of the book had me ready to quit but I’m glad I held on. I like him and Julija together.

The Random Thoughts:

I listed to this on CD and missed the ability to speed up the dialogue.

3.25 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Dec 3, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

For my grandson. James Clarke, with love.
Julija Brennon linked her fingers behind her head and gazed up at her unimpeded view of the stars.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 154,539,909 books! | Top bar: Always visible