Dark Illusion by Christine Feehan

Dark Illusion

by Christine Feehan

"A mage and a warrior must see beyond their facades and embrace the bond that links their souls ... At any other time, Julija Brennan would find solace in the quiet of the Sierra Mountains, but now the mage is in the race of her life. Having broken free from her controlling family, Julija's attempts to warn the Carpathians of the coming threat has failed and put a target on her back--and those who hunt her are close behind ... After centuries locked away in a monastery in the Carpathian Mountains, Isai Florea can't believe he's finally found his lifemate--the missing half of his soul. The second he sees Julija his world blazes with color. But despite their explosive connection Julija rebels against what she sees as Isai's intent to control her and rejects the bond that would prevent him from becoming a monster. As their unfulfilled bond continues to call to them both, Julija and Isai aim to complete the task that brought them together. They are used to facing danger alone, but now the mage and the ancient warrior must learn how to rely on each other in order to stop a plot that threatens all Carpathians"--… (more)

Dark Illusion
Dark (Carpathians), Book 29

I Picked Up This Book Because: Continue the series

The Characters:

Julija Brennan:
Isai Florea:
Barnabas, Anatolli (Julija’s father), Belle, Blue, Comet, Phaedra

The Story:

I used to adore Christine Feehan’s writing, the last few years however, I've found it repetitive and unnecessarily long. This book is no exception. While she creates beautiful, vivid images with her words I could do with a few less of them. The story, when you trim off the excess, was really good. Julija was trying to find a destroy a book created by Xavier and last seen with Isai’s brother. I will admit Isai’s behavior at the beginning of the book had me ready to quit but I’m glad I held on. I like him and Julija together.

The Random Thoughts:

I listed to this on CD and missed the ability to speed up the dialogue.

3.25 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Dec 3, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,313,712 books! | Top bar: Always visible