Lucille Lost: A True Adventure

by Margaret George, Christopher J. Murphy

2011,116,049 (3.5)None
Lucille, a pet Burmese tortoise, escapes from her home and ends up in the woods, hoping to be rescued and returned to her family. Includes facts about tortoises.

I gave to my third-grader for Easter because he recently got a tortoise as a pet. This is the story of Lucille, a Burmese tortoise whose family goes on vacation. Lucille and her tortoise friend Tanky go to stay with another family and their tortoise, Troilus. Lucille escapes from the tortoise pen and gets lost.

Not only does the book have beautiful illustrations, it is filled with great tortoise facts on the bottom of each page. And even though I didn't realize it when I bought the book, it was set in Madison, WI (which is where we live) so that made it even more interesting for my son!

Margaret George is the best-selling author of several historical fiction novels including The Autobiography of Henry the VIII. Lucille Lost is her first and so far only children's book. ( )
  paroof | Apr 14, 2009 |

George, Margaretprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Murphy, Christopher J.main authorall editionsconfirmed

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,605,102 books! | Top bar: Always visible