A is for Angry by Sandra Boynton

A is for Angry

by Sandra Boynton

This alphabet book concentrates on teaching children the alphabet through animals and adjectives. Each of the letters is easy to see and read and the animals and adjectives help reinforce the sounds and use of each of the letters. The animals are cleverly placed on the letters in fun and unique ways.

This is a great book for children who are not yet readers and need to easily see the connections between the sounds and letters that they are learning. The illustrations shows the animals and emotions/adjectives in a fun context for children. This is a book that children can read on their own independently or in pairs/small groups. ( )
  zsvandyk | Apr 1, 2015 |
Fun alphabet book that could easily be used to introduce kids to different emotions. We could use for our ELL kids during our unit "The Art of Getting Along." It teaches different emotions. Angry, Bashful, Zany. Kids could practice the different facial expressions in a fun way.
  kamijake | Mar 10, 2015 |
I like that this is both an animal AND an adjective alphabet book. That combination is really fun and I think is good for early literacy. Also the angry aardvark on the cover is my absolute favorite thing. Even though this book was published about 27 years ago, the illustrations and content are still just as fun and engaging today. The clever summary on the book sleeve is also wonderful: "A Bright Book Containing Colorful Drawings and Energetic, Fun Graphics... Here Is Joy for Kids Little, Medium, Nearly Nine and Older... People that Quickly Read it Six Times Understand Very Well the eXcitement of Youthful Zaniness." ( )
  LoisHaight | Mar 18, 2014 |
This book is appropriate for pre-k and kindergarten students because the letters are big with different colors and are paired with fun animal pictures. Each letter is paired with an animal and an adjective. For example H is for hippopotamus and hungry.
- I could use the book to teach the alphabet as well as feelings to the students.
- Each day I would work with one or two letters and have children write the letter and draw a picture of an animal. When we finish all the letters I would make their work into a book for them to take home. I would help the children write the animals name and the adjective. Each day I would have different materials for the children to use (stencils, paint, crayons, markers). ( )
  Stephanyk | Oct 27, 2011 |
This book is fun to read with children. The illustrations are great conversation starters and the langauge is fantastic.
  drdonovan | Feb 10, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 089480507X, Paperback)

"Because you can't stand another apple, ball, or cup," Sandra Boynton presents an alphabet book of animals and adjectives. An Angry Animal Assortment Along an Arrow starts off the whimsy as a Big Bashful Bear, a Cute Clean Cat, a Tangled Turkey, a Wide Walrus, a Yellow Yak, and others in between romp through the letters A-Z.

In classic Boynton style, the irresistible animal characters climb the tall letters, perch on the squat ones, hang from the curves of the round ones. Selection of the Children's Book-of-the-Month Club. Suitable for ages 3-5.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:48 -0400)

Illustrations of animals introduce an adjective for each letter of the alphabet.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,346,508 books! | Top bar: Always visible