Foundations of Library and Information Science

by Richard Rubin

1,2021713,003 (3.34)18
"This edition has been designed to respond to the many changes occurring in the LIS field and provides a firm foundation of knowledge and guidance for LIS students and professionals alike"--

for library science students
  iqrajawed | Jan 10, 2021 |
This is a nice introductory textbook. In the history chapter I learned about a librarian of history whose name I am sure that I want to use for game characters in the future. Oh, and the information is good. ( )
  Noeshia | Oct 23, 2020 |
This was very helpful for an overview of the profession. It came in handy for the e-Porfolio as well! ( )
  JackDayHova | Dec 30, 2016 |
There are no stars...what's to like (or not) about a standard text?

This is a standard SLIS/MLIS text. Sure I read it (NOT), but I used it for most of my classes when I was writing papers and in need of citations to support my rantings on my specific type of Library dogma.

Good? I think not.... It had several editorial mistakes in it...so for $75 for a paperback, it's best to go to your local library and see if they have or can order you a copy. I say I did get mine on Amazon for $35...and I donated it back to the library for all those others who are going to SLIS...save them some money... Arrrg!
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
A bit dry, but what do you expect from a textbook! I found some of the material outdated, but it provided a decent foundation and prompted a lot of class discussion. ( )
  etborg | Mar 21, 2015 |
Since the nineteenth century, American libraries have served the educational, recreational and information (ERI) needs of their users.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,402,094 books! | Top bar: Always visible