Twisted

by Emily McIntire

Series: Never After (4)

Fiction. Romance. Suspense. HTML:

From BookTok sensation Emily McIntire comes a dark and delicious fractured fairy tale reimagining of Aladdin.

She's his diamond in the rough. He's her worst nightmare.

Yasmin Karam, daughter of one of the richest men in the world, has never known strife. So, when her beloved father falls ill, she is determined to make his final days his happiest. His last wish? To see her married to a man of his choosing. Except Yasmin's heart already belongs to someone else. A servant. A street rat. A man her father would never consider worthy.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place, Yasmin strikes a desperate deal with her father's right-hand man, Julian, not realizing he has his own twisted agenda.

Julian Faraci has one goal: become the most powerful man in the world. He ha\'s built a future from broken bones and faded bruises, never caring who he hurt along the way. But when his mentor falls ill, he finds himself on the verge of losing everything, and he'll stop at nothing to inherit what is rightfully hisâ??even if it means forcing a woman he can't stand into marriage.

Yasmin is a brat who speaks out of turn, and he's the villain of her story. But he decides she'll be hisâ??no matter what it takes to convince her.

Features mature themes and content that may not be suitable for all readers. Listener discretion is advised… (more)

I would say Ms. Mcintire is a mediocre author and some people like that. It’s okay. It is an Alladdin retelling that is dark where Jasmine ends up with the villain. It’s a slow burn with a large age gap. Nothing to tell really. Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for the ARC copy in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  krizia_lazaro | Apr 3, 2024 |
Twisted fairytales are becoming a new favorite of mine. I enjoy learning about the "Bad guy" and how sometimes they are not as bad as you perceive them. Out of this series so far, I think this one might be my favorite.

I felt that Yasmin's character was relatable. Holding on to secrets because she didn't want to disappoint her father, yet not wanting to let go of her first love. Julian's backstory was heartbreaking but makes his character who he is and more believable. His character could be a real a-hole but he owned it.

The story was a bit predictable but fun. I thought Yasmin and Julian's relationship developed at a good pace and evolved well. I appreciated how even when they hated one another you could still feel the underlying lust that they had for each other. The spicy scenes were well done. Pepper scale ( )
  wallace2012 | Nov 4, 2023 |
This was a decent listen. I didn't care for the male narrator; he was just blah for me. The female narrator really brought her characters to life. The sexy-times were hot, but I didn't believe their attraction/love for one another. None of the characters were likable, but the story itself did take me for a nice ride. ( )
  ViragoReads | Mar 7, 2023 |

Belongs to Series

Fiction. Romance. Suspense. HTML:

She's his diamond in the rough. He's her worst nightmare.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 205,790,840 books! | Top bar: Always visible