Politics of Being: Wisdom and Science for a New Development Paradigm

by Thomas Legrand

2None5,278,251 (5)None
"What would a wisdom-based or "spiritual" approach to politics look like? How can we tap into science to support our collective conscious evolution? In this groundbreaking work, Thomas Legrand Ph.D. proposes to fundamentally reframe our model of development from its current emphasis on "having" to one focused on "being". Mobilizing a wealth of scientific research from many different fields, the core teachings of wisdom traditions, and his own personal experience, Legrand articulates how politics can support human flourishing and the collective shift of consciousness that our current challenges demand. An awakening journey into our human and social potential, Politics of Being charts the way for a truly human development in the 21st century, one to reconcile our minds and hearts, and the whole Earth community. Decision and policy-makers, scholars, sustainability and spiritual practitioners, social activists and citizens will find an integral map of such a politics as it emerges with key references to deepen their exploration, as well as numerous concrete examples and recommendations in areas ranging from education to governance, to justice and economy. Legrand turns this complex question into a clear and tangible agenda. A unique, field-defining work on what may be the most important subject of our times... and history !"--… (more)
Recently added bylbeaumont, CUSPSurrey

No tags

No reviews

Current Discussions

Genres

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 205,991,605 books! | Top bar: Always visible