Hi, Cat! by Ezra Jack Keats

Hi, Cat! (1970)

by Ezra Jack Keats

3511931,129 (3.45)None

Not really a story but retelling of a child's day. Very realistic and relatable. The character is very clever!
  kes030 | Apr 30, 2015 |
I really love the illustrations, the colors and the style. Looks like oils pastel and maybe acrylic paint? There is also watercolor. I love it. It is such a weet story about a boy making friends with two animals.
  ssho2 | Mar 16, 2015 |
This book talks about a boy who makes friends with a cat in the neighborhood and the problems this cat causes and how the boy handles it.
  Lilith13 | Dec 5, 2014 |
like the picture and the story
  AmandaLamb | Nov 22, 2014 |
I liked this book for a couple of reasons. I liked that the illustrator used a lot of different medias to use for them, making them stand out more and become more visually pleasing. Another thing that I thought was good was the plot. The writer put a lot of hidden jokes throughout the book such as the grandpa jokes, the bag joke, and the tallest dog joke. Another thing that I liked was that some pages had just pictures on them and I felt that this allowed for the readers imagination to open up and make up the story for themselves. The big idea that i got from this book was that one thing can change your entire day. ( )
  kelleemorcomb | Sep 17, 2014 |

Scholastic Reading Level: 2.8

On his way to hang out with the neighborhood kids, Archie very innocently greets a stray cat who follows him and gets in the way. The cat ruins everything - Archie's street show is a mess and his audience drifts away. But things aren't all bad: when Archie goes, the cat follows him all the way home, too!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:21 -0400)

Archie's day would have been great if he had not started it by greeting the new cat on the block.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,914,221 books! | Top bar: Always visible