How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success…

How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling (1951)

by Frank Bettger

What are the selling secrets that raised Frank Bettger from initial failure to unparalleled success, and fame, as one of the highest paid salesmen in America? Encouraged to tell his story by admiring colleague Dale Carnegie, Bettger reveals his proven success formula so that you too can work magic with sales - and multiply your income and happiness a thousandfold! Inside you will find instructive examples and step-by-step guidelines on how to develop the style, spirit, and techniques of a first-rate salesperson. No matter what you sell, your on-the-job performance and profits will increase dramatically when you apply Bettger's keen insights on: * The power of enthusiasm * How to conquer fear * The key word for turning a sceptical client into an enthusiastic buyer * The quickest way to win confidence * How to deliver a winning sales talk * Seven golden rules for closing a sale… (more)

Most of the points are similar to Dale Carn's book since he was the teacher of Bettger.

Book was published in 1949 and even though most of the examples were short, it was not easy to read. To be honest, I didn't really love or like the book but there are just many important points that I need to constantly revise esp when I am in sales. ( )
  Wendy_Wang | Sep 28, 2019 |

Jason.Ong.Wicky | May 2, 2019 |
I read Frank Bettger's book as part of the marketing company I am with. They like to read up on books regularly. This helps clarify some questions sellers may have. Read it over to brush up on how you sell. People forget basic selling skills. "Sign on the dotted line," and hand the prospect/buyer your pen. That gesture makes a difference, handing him the pen to sign. If you want to sell to a busy person, say to him "I know you have busy schedule, I would like to drive you around to where you are going Mr. Bettger." Offer them service. ( )
  majestic131 | Feb 26, 2018 |
I am not a salesperson, but this book is a good lesson in life since we all "sell" something at some point in our lives (ideas, wants, needs, etc). ( )
  DCavin | Jul 14, 2014 |
Rating: 3.5 of 5

Useful ideas, especially with regards to the power of enthusiasm. Important reminders, such as salespeople can't know too much, but they can talk too much. Bettger's story was an inspirational one and I appreciated the numerous examples of failures turned success, not just from his own life but from other highly successful business people.

Only complaint would be the outdated ideology of men-only salesforce. Perhaps that has been updated since my library's 1986 copy. ( )
  flying_monkeys | Jan 6, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,517,115 books! | Top bar: Always visible