New York Dead by Stuart Woods

New York Dead (1991)

by Stuart Woods

Everyone is always telling Stone Barrington that he's too smart to be a cop, but it's pure luckthat places him on the streets in the dead of night, just in time to witness he horrifying incident hat turns his life inside out. Suddenly he's on the front page of every newspaper, and his life is hopelessly entwined in the increasingly shocking life (and perhaps death) of Sasha Nejinsky, the country's hottest and most beautiful television anchorwoman. ( )
  jepeters333 | Nov 6, 2016 |
This series piqued my curiosity when I saw someone's status about it and I remembered it was recommended to me some time ago. When I saw the library had the 1st in the series, I thought I'd give it a go. I don't think this is a series I'll be binging on.

While I love my police procedurals, this was a little too fluff for me. I need more plot and there was just too much romance and a little too much fluff. This is the same issue I've had with [author:Evanovich, Janet|14285576]'s series. I don't need heavy crime, but I need a story that I want to solve. It didn't help that I didn't care much for stone or his lady friend. That said, I found myself stuck into the story today because I wanted to know how it was going to end. I also liked the landmarks of NYC past -- including Elaine's. RIP.

One technical issue-there was no passage of time marked so it was hard to know where in time the chapters were relative to previous ones. I'm not sure whether this is an ebook bug or issue in all editions. ( )
  skinglist | Jan 15, 2016 |
Fast, easy read. Nothing complicated. After the victim turns out to be a society climber with aspirations on news anchor, I was afraid that it would be one of those conspiracies built around hoidy-toidy New York society and that Sherlock Holmes would appear with a briar and a funny hat. But it turned out to be a reasonable cop drama. Not everyone is portrayed in a good light but that adds to the drama in it. It was light and fun; think I'll try another. ( )
  buffalogr | May 2, 2015 |
Everyone is telling Stone Barrington he's too smart to be a cop, but it's pure luck that places him on tthe streets in the dead of night, just in time to witness the horrifying incident that turns his life inside out. Suddenly he is on the front page of every NY paper, and hsi life is hopelessly entwined in the increasingly shocking life (and death) of Sasha Nijinsky, the country's hottest and most beautiful television anchorwoman. No matter where... ( )
  Tutter | Mar 3, 2015 |
Fast, easy read. Nothing complicated or, quite frankly, redeeming in this, but just a popcorn book, if you will. Will probably read more Stone Barrington adventures in the future just for the escapism. ( )
  utbw42 | Dec 21, 2014 |
This book is for
Nick Taylor and Barbara Nevins,
who are New York Alive
Elaine's late.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061090808, Mass Market Paperback)

It Was Just Luck

Everyone is always telling Stone Barrington that he's too smart to be a cop, but it's pure luck that places him on the streets in the dead of night, just in time to witness the horrifying incident that turns his life inside out.

Suddenly he is on the front page of every New York newspaper, and his life is hopelessly entwined in the increasingly shocking life (and perhaps death) of Sasha Nijinsky, the country's hottest and most beautiful television anchorwoman.

No matter where he turns, the case is waiting for him, haunting his nights and turning his days into a living hell. Stone finds himself caught in a perilous web of unspeakable crimes, dangerous friends, and sexual depravity that has throughout it one common thread: Sasha.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:46 -0400)

On disability leave from the New York City Police Department, Detective Sergeant Stone Barrington witnesses the murder of network news star Sasha Nijinsky, who is pushed from her penthouse terrace.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,638,378 books! | Top bar: Always visible