Holy Bible by Thomas Nelson & Sons
    Holy Bible - Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV) by Inc. Wartburg Project (lhungsbe)
    lhungsbe: My go-to version of the Bible. No additions or deletions. Easy to read.

Logos Library
  birdsnare | May 16, 2019 |
My parents gave this copy to me. ( )
  PJCWLibrary | Sep 3, 2016 |
Still reading the Book of Matthew over different Bibles.
  Oodles | Feb 16, 2016 |
I read the 1962 edition. I am unable to find the 1962 edition listed in Library Thing. The difference between the 1962 and 1952 edition is almost 100 changes to the text. The RSV is an excellent read of the Holy Bible. ( )
  shdawson | May 26, 2015 |
I started reading the Bible when I was 5 years old - random readings. I was a 'born again' Christian by the age of 15 years old. Then as a young adult, I started studying the Bible via church leaders and scholars. I participated fully in church and church related activities. Took many courses from seminaries and bible schools. Then in my thirties, I found the need to read the Bible without outside influence. So, I read it cover to cover -- Gen. 1:1 to Rev. 22:21 -- six times from 1980 to 1986. I filled dozens of spiral notebooks with my findings, feelings and thoughts. About half-way through my 7th reading I discovered I had become an atheist -- a lack of belief in god(s). The Bible and all religious tomes (I have read the major ones) have stories, proverbs and parables that can offer insight into the kinder, gentler side of humanity. They also show us how fear, power and prejudice can cause people to assign responsibility for these 'failings' to a god or gods. So yes, I think the Bible is worth reading but not just the 'feel good' parts -- read all of it if you are going to read it.
1 vote Meandu91 | Apr 4, 2013 |

Sons, Thomas Nelson &primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of AmericaCorporate authormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Revised Version: In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
The First Book of Moses commonly called Genesis
You, therefore, must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. (Matthew 5:48)
since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23)
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23)
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this not yours own doing, it is the gift of God -- not because of works, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
This is the Revised Standard Version of the Bible. Please DO NOT combine this with any other translation, or with incomplete editions (e.g. the New Testament alone), or with versions containing the Apocrypha. Do not combine with "study bibles" containing extensive additional material; copies with ordinary references and "helps" are fine to combine here.

As others have described. A few color illustrations scattered throughout the text. Several maps, pictures of coins & Christian symbols at the back. I chose the closest cover available. The lettering of my copy is the same, but my cover is white leather.
Listed as: Zondervan Publishing House, 1952. Verso of title page does not list ISBN or LC #. I believe this Bible came in an olive green box. It's possible that additional information was on the box.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0452006473, Paperback)

Based on the King James Version of 1611, this is the revision of the Standard version of 1901. Includes a summary of each of the books.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:23 -0400)

Here, printed in clear, easy-to-read, self-pronouncing type, is the Revised Standard Version of The Holy Bible. This edition is a superb synthesis of modern language and the lyric force of the King James Version. Easily accessible yet still magnificent, it retains as much poetry as possible while replacing obscure words and outdated phrasing with more contemporary usages. The 1,120 pages of text contain, in addition to the complete Old and New Testaments, a summary of the books of the Bible, a history of several modern translations, an outline of New Testament history as well as useful cross-references, and an extensive series of notes regarding translation and original sources.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,366,098 books! | Top bar: Always visible