How a Seed Grows

by Helene J. Jordan

Series: Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science (Level 1)

Uses observations of bean seeds planted in eggshells to demonstrate the growth of seeds into plants.

This book talks about seeds growing. I like that it explains the cycle of a seed growing up and ties it to many different plants; it gives examples such as flower seeds, tree seeds, and more. I also like that it gives some different ideas of places to plant seeds. One thing I really like about this book is that it includes an experiment for kids to follow. If I were to use this book, I would first start with a read aloud. Then, I would use it as a loose model for planting seeds with my class. It would be really fun to read the book once as a read aloud and then to reread each part as we did each step the book lists. ( )
  cturner16 | Nov 4, 2019 |
I love this book for spring and summer coming up when plants are really growing and people are starting their gardens. Its not just a simple book on a seed sprouting, the end. This book covers all kinds of seeds and how they can be hard and become soft and the colors and sizes and what seed belongs to what plant and how they fall into the ground and create new plants. It is all simply put but amazing how much information is shared. I love this for a plant unit because kids may already know plants come from seeds but this expands their knowledge greatly.
  micaylawhitfield | Jun 6, 2018 |
This book teaches to plant by seeds, how to take care them and shows how they grow up different.
ages -(3-5)
source - Pierce County Library System. ( )
  thuyN | Jun 6, 2017 |
Explains how seeds grows and how take care of a garden.

Age Level: 3-5 years old
Source: Pierce College Library
  DBABENICE | Jun 5, 2017 |
This is a pictorial illustration of how to grow plants from seeds.
Ages 3-6
  JoeyLeonidas | Jun 3, 2017 |

Helene J. Jordanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Krupinski, LorettaIllustratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Low, JosephIllustratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,332,739 books! | Top bar: Always visible