War, Peace, and All That Jazz (1993)

by Joy Hakim

Series: A History of US (9)

Covers the period of American history from 1917 to 1945, including the Roaring Twenties, the Great Depression, and World War II.

NA
  pszolovits | Feb 3, 2021 |
973.91
  OakGrove-KFA | Mar 28, 2020 |
This is a series of books, intended for high schoolers, about U.S history. It was a very very general book and imho not suitable for any college prep courses but more for remedial students or students whose reading or reading comprehension may not be the best. I did learn a few new things though! 200 pages 3 stars ( )
  Tess_W | Jul 7, 2018 |
Marvelous. I only read the first half, as the era between the Wars is the one I'm least familiar with, and this is aimed at children, but I still learned a lot. Did you know that during the Depression General Douglas MacArthur used tear gas and billy clubs on veterans and their families who set up a Bonus Camp" in Washington, looking for their military bonus so they wouldn't starve? I sure didn't.

Absolutely perfect for any student, especially for those being home-schooled." ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
I enjoy the style of these history books, which means that I feel like I've actually learned and retained some knowledge when I finish them. A good general history book about the early/mid 1900s. ( )
  BrynDahlquis | Mar 17, 2013 |

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 179,883,582 books! | Top bar: Always visible