Destiny Kills by Keri Arthur

Destiny Kills

by Keri Arthur

412None25,972 (3.49)14

The Oregon Coast may seem like a long ways away from the Loch Ness Monster, but it isn’t far enough to keep hunters off Destiny’s tail. Of course, she just might have to fulfill her destiny first. A fun read filled with magic, romance, secrecy, and honor. ( )
  amkj | Apr 12, 2014 |
TBR
  Ebeth.Naylor | Sep 30, 2013 |
At the 1/2 way point I was thinking it was going to be a 4 star. It had some good fantasy involving different types of dragons and a romance that definitely had some chemistry.

Still it started getting too... unknown and haphazard in the middle and ending. They keep on being followed and found, and don't seem to have any understanding of what or who is after her. They take on the whole operation without knowing their capabilities.

So I ended up being a little bored with a bit of it because it was a lot of talk with out much information. The romance was good and the dragons were very interesting. I just wish I got to know more about them and wondered why some of Destiny's powers didn't come sooner. Like when the main bad guy comes to the room, why didn't she just call the water and drown him then instead of waiting and getting shot. And finally having to rely on Trae to save the day?

Little things like that, not enough knowledge going in to situations, not taking care of any tracers (getting a x-ray from the nice doctor she knows), etc... that left me not loving it as I started out doing. I give it 3 1/2 stars. I'll have to think longer whether I'll give it 3 or 4 but I'm leaning to 3.

I think I like 1st person better when the person is well informed and telling the options and abilities so you don't think they are going in with no idea; like Dresden, or Mercy Thompson, Kate Daniels and now Atticus (from Hounded) This would've been better with a different POV and more information from differing perspectives. I think the romance might have been better too. Still in the end, I liked it and may read another one just to see where it goes. It has a lot of potential. I really did like the dragons and their differences. ( )
  tivonut | Jul 25, 2013 |
Amazon preorder
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
The UK Cover isn't quite as pretty as the US one. This really did sound like it should have been me, dragons, in the real world? I'm there. Shapeshifting Dragons? Hell yeah, you've got me interested. However, the relationship in this story just didn't quite work. I suppose, having just read a Nora Roberts book I was expecting a more rounded relationship, a exploration of growing relationships and some evidence of past trauma making characters have to deal with issues, instead of just mentioning them, alas no, and if there was it didn't register well enough with me.

Destiny McCree wakes up beside a dead man on a beach in Oregon. There are chunks of her memory missing. Trae Wilson enters her life and they find themselves both running for their lives. They both have powers, both shape-shifting dragons. She's being chased by people who want her, who have her mother and she wants to rescue her and the others held captive.

I really did want to like this book but overall found it a bit ho-hum. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Jul 6, 2011 |
Some things I remembered.

Desire calls.
Danger Lurks.
But...
Destiny Kills

When Destiny McCree wakes up beside a dead man on an Oregon beach, she knows only this: she has to keep moving, keep searching, and keep one step ahead of the forces that have been pursuing her from the heart of Scotland to this isolated spot. Why? The death of her lover has left her alone, with little memory of her past. A glimmering serpent-shaped ring is the one clue she has - and a bargaining chip in a most dangerous game.

Enter Trae Wilson, a master thief with a sexy, knowing grin and a secret agenda of his own. Destiny and Trae both have powers far beyond the human - and both are running for their lives. Together they're riding a tide of danger, magic, and lust.but with killers stalking their every move, they must use any means necessary, even each other, to survive - until the shocking secret of one woman's destiny finally unravels..

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553589601, Mass Market Paperback)

Desire calls. Danger Lurks.
But...

When Destiny McCree wakes up beside a dead man on an Oregon beach, she knows only this: she has to keep moving, keep searching, and keep one step ahead of the forces that have been pursuing her from the heart of Scotland to this isolated spot. Why? The death of her lover has left her alone, with little memory of her past. A glimmering serpent-shaped ring is the one clue she has—and a bargaining chip in a most dangerous game.

Enter Trae Wilson, a master thief with a sexy, knowing grin and a secret agenda of his own. Destiny and Trae both have powers far beyond the human—and both are running for their lives. Together they’re riding a tide of danger, magic, and lust…but with killers stalking their every move, they must use any means necessary, even each other, to survive—until the shocking secret of one woman’s destiny finally unravels.…

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:00:55 -0400)

"When Destiny McCree wakes up beside a dead man on an Oregon beach, she knows only this: she has to keep moving, keep searching, and keep one step ahead of the forces that have been pursuing her from the heart of Scotland to this isolated spot. Why? The death of her lover has left her alone, with little memory of her past. A glimmering serpent-shaped ring is the one clue she has--and a bargaining chip in a most dangerous game."--p. [4] of cover.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,457,058 books! | Top bar: Always visible