Whistleblower by Tess Gerritsen

Whistleblower

by Tess Gerritsen

173None68,459 (3.18)None
Recently added bymephistophelia, tantanel, private library, appfan, bluelagoon, bavady, Lynn28, TonyWatson, KristyK

English (4)  Dutch (2)  All languages (6)
Whistleblower is Tess Gerritsen’s 5th stand-alone novel. When Victor Holland runs in front of Cathy Weaver’s car on a lonely California highway, she takes him to the local hospital, aware that he seems to be terrified, but unaware that he has been shot. While his ravings seem to be paranoid, the murder of Cathy’s close friend, followed by several other murders, has Cathy not just believing Victor, but depending on him for her own safety. What follows is a rollercoaster ride of pursuit and evasion as Cathy and Victor try to prove what he has uncovered without losing their lives. Plenty of action along with some romance makes this an entertaining read. ( )
  CloggieDownunder | Mar 16, 2012 |
Too much romance, not enough story. Disappointing when you have read some of the newer books by the same author. ( )
  MartinRohrbach | Jul 25, 2011 |
This is a difficult one to rate and so my review is split into two.

I enjoy Tess Gerritson's thrillers normally, she is able to twist and turn a gruesome tale to entertain the reader but this short tale was one of the most predictable books I have ever read. Little imagination is needed as she explains the story to her children, with plenty of plot holes and cringeworthy devices. Unltimately it is a Mills and Boon romance between a quiet widowed scientist and his damsel in distress. I should learn to read reviews before buying.

BUT:

I read this book in four 30-minute tube journeys and found myself smiling all the way to and from work (yes even at 0630h on New Year's Day morning!). Although this book needs very little analytical thinking or imagination, she gives us a quick action movie in words. I hate to say it but can it really be that bad if it made me stay to the end even knowing exactly what would happen? I guess sometimes we are all as easily entertained as children. ( )
  sarah_rubyred | Jan 3, 2009 |
Once again the older books disappoint. Her forte really is the medical mysteries. ( )
  bellmorejer | Oct 4, 2007 |
Wie de klok luidt, kan nooit meer terug..
Takken sloegen in zijn gezicht, en zijn hart ging zo tekeer dat zijn ribben het bijna begaven, maar hij moest door.

A deadly truth... When Victor Holland comes flying out of the night, he runs straight into the path of Catherine Weaver's car. Having uncovered a terrifying secret which leads all the way to Washington, Victor is running for his life - and from the men who will go to any lengths to silence him. Victor's story sounds like the ravings of a madman, but the haunted look in his eyes - and the bullet hole in his shoulder - tell a different story. As each hour brings pursuers ever closer, Cathy has to wonder, is she giving her trust to a man in danger or trusting her life to a dangerous man?

When Victor Holland came flying out of the night, he ran straight into the path of Catherine Weaver's car. Having uncovered a terrifying secret which leads all the way to Washington, Victor is running for his life - and from the men who will go to any lengths to silence him. Originally published: Richmond: Silhouette, 1994.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,426,106 books! | Top bar: Always visible