Chosen by P. C. Cast
Dark forces are at work at the House of Night and fledging vampyre Zoey Redbird's adventures at the school take a mysterious turn. Those who appear to be friends are turning out to be enemies. And oddly enough, sworn enemies are also turning into friends. So begins the gripping third installment of this "highly addictive series" in which Zoey's mettle will be tested like never before. Her best friend Stevie Rae, is undead and struggling to maintain a grip on her humanity. Zoey doesn't have a clue how to help her, but she does know that anything she and Stevie Rae discover must be kept secret from everyone else at the House of Night, where trust has become a rare commodity. Speaking of rare: Zoey finds herself in the very unexpected and rare position of having three boyfriends. Mix a little blood lust into the equation and the situation has the potential to spell social disaster. Just when it seems things couldn't get any tougher, vampyres start turning up dead. Really dead. It looks like the People of Faith, and Zoey's horrid-step-father in particular, are tired of living side-by-side with vampyres. But, as Zoey and her friends so often find out, how things appear rarely reflects the truth.… (more)

English (117)  German (1)  All languages (118)
Again, again, read in 2009. I was really into the story and read through the first three pretty quickly. I've always had a soft spot for vampires.
From what I remember this one got a little out of hand. Too many boyfriends and a real whiny unlikable main character.
My hope now, picking up this series ten years later to finish it, is that it's not awful. Just meh. And I'll be okay with that. ( )
  Shahnareads | Oct 22, 2019 |
Things just get crazier! I wish there was more of Zoey's grandma in this book, I really like her wisdom and Native American rituals and language. I did like that Zoey stood up to her mom and step dad, that was pretty great. It's sometimes frustrating when Zoey and her friends do things you can just see are not going to end well, but they are teenagers still haha. I continue to really like how they portray the Goddess Nyx and the religions, similar to Paganism. It's great to see the rituals and they way they treat women. The vampyre tattoos, especially Zoey's, are so cool! I wish the Goddess would bless me like that ;) ( )
  AlyP59 | Apr 25, 2019 |

In ‘Chosen’ the third book of The House Of Night series by P.C. Cast, I did like the book but it started out a bit slow for me. Zoey finally gets her wish that concerns Stevie Rae. In this book, she finds that she comes to have all the elements and best of she can call on them at any time.

Zoey finds herself with three boyfriends and two of them are an absolute no, no in The House of Night, and one being a teacher is definitely a big NO, she does not want to get rid of Heath because they have imprinted, so he becomes a good source of blood for her, and she really does like him.

The group knows they had to have another fledgling fill the place of Stevie Rae for the circle, but when they find out that, it is the most hated person at the House Of Night School, Aphordite that has the element of Earth. When the other fledglings find out that Nyx has chosen Aphordite herself, they are more than angry.

Then teachers from the House of Night start being killed, and of course, Neferet blames the humans and says there will be war if the humans continue to kill anyone else from the House Of Night School, than… I recommend this book to anyone who is in to vamp books.
  JKJ94 | Oct 30, 2018 |
Saw it and had to check it out. I would read it on my breaks at work. It was so awesome. Didn't want to put it down. Love the series. Can't wait to read the rest. ( )
  FredaCochran | Sep 27, 2018 |

JKJ94 | Jul 18, 2018 |

Cast, P. C.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cast, Kristinmain authorall editionsconfirmed
This one is for all of you who have e-mailed us wanting more and more and more of Zoey and the gang. We heart you!
"Yep, I have a seriously sucky birthday." I told my cat, Nala. (Okay, truthfully she's not so much my cat as I'm her person. You know how it is with cats, they don't really have owners, they have staff. A fact I mostly try to ignore.)

Book 3 of the 'House of Night' series -- Life is hard for a teenage, vampyre High Priestess in training, especially if you're Zoey Redbird. Gifted with an unusual affinity for all five elements, everyone looks to Zoey for great and wonderful things. But Zoey feels the weight of the world on her shoulders. Her best friend is dead -- but not. Her ex-boyfriend is not so ex these days, which certainly makes her current boyfriend unhappy. One of the teachers has been paying her a lot of flattering but uncomfortable attention. There's a big secret that could knock the entire vampyre world on its side, and the only person Zoey can confide in is her formal rival. And that's just the beginning of her problems...

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

P. C. Cast's book Chosen: A House of Night Novel was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,672,312 books! | Top bar: Always visible