The Milly-Molly-Mandy Storybook by Joyce…

The Milly-Molly-Mandy Storybook (2001)

by Joyce Lankester Brisley

Series: Milly-Molly-Mandy (Selection 1-4)

520429,640 (3.97)10

Milly-Molly-Mandy is a very quaint storybook. I had trouble with her calling her parents Muvver and Favver. Having read Just William! I kept expecting something to go terribly awry, but it never did. I read about this in another book. I wish I could remember where the reference came from. It took a long time for me to get the book. It was really nice bedtime reading. Nothing really happens. Very simple and sweet. The illustrations by the author are delightful. ( )
  njcur | May 5, 2018 |
In every chapter of this brilliant book is basically a new story. Sometimes Milly-Molly-Mandy would get a new dress, or make a new friend, or anything like that. I think that J. Brisley is a good author, but I do say - I found some peculiar mistakes in it..But, that's the publisher's fault, isn't it? And anyway, I was still able to follow the story!

This book was quite funny, as a matter of fact, and sometimes it even made me read a certain paragraph or two to my family. And even then, they would laugh too - not just me, who'll even giggle at my own joke!

This book is probably recommended for six- or seven-year-old children to ten- or eleven-year-olds. I think the words that J. Brisley wrote were just right, so that nearly everyone will be happy to read it, and when reading it will chuckle and giggle out loud! ( )
  LaviniaRossetti | Sep 6, 2016 |
I remember my mom reading this to me and my sister when we were little, and I still have good memories of it! ( )
  katieloucks | Feb 26, 2016 |
I loved this book when I was a child, mostly because I shared a name in common with Milly-Molly-Mandy. I remember sitting on m bed with the book and vowing to read every single story between it's covers, a task that seemed nearly impossible to my 5 year old mind. I stilll remember the stories in the book. I think that all children should have the pleasure of enjoying the lively, love-able Milly-Molly-Mandy. ( )
  Miranda_Paige | May 5, 2009 |

Joyce Lankester Brisleyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Vuillamy, ClaireIllustratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Once upon a time there was a little girl.

The stories of Milly-Molly-Mandy and her family and friends have charmed generations of children since they first appeared in 1925. This collection of twenty-one classic tales about this resourceful and thoughtful little girl reflect with accuracy the dilemmas and challenges of a child's world. Young children today will love to hear how Milly-Molly-Mandy decides to spend her first penny, looks after a hedgehog, and spends her first night away from home. These timeless stories are perfect for reading aloud, for older children to read by themselves, or as a story before bedtime, and will bring back many happy memories for many parents and grandparents. The book's endpaper feature a two-page map of Milly-Molly-Mandy's village complete with drawings of cottages, fields, streets, and shops making it easy for children to follow Milly-Molly-Mandy from place to place.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:15 -0400)

The stories of Milly-Molly-Mandy and her family and friends have charmed generations of children since they first appeared in 1925. This collection of twenty-one classic tales about this resourceful and thoughtful little girl reflect with accuracy the dilemmas and challenges of a child's world. Young children today will love to hear how Milly-Molly-Mandy decides to spend her first penny, looks after a hedgehog, and spends her first night away from home. These timeless stories are perfect for reading aloud, for older children to read by themselves, or as a story before bedtime, and will bring back many happy memories for many parents and grandparents. The book's endpapers feature a two-page map of Milly-Molly-Mandy's village complete with drawings of cottages, fields, streets, and shops making it easy for children to follow Milly-Molly-Mandy from place to place.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,339,987 books! | Top bar: Always visible