26 Letters and 99 Cents by Tana Hoban

26 Letters and 99 Cents

by Tana Hoban

If you know the 26 letters of the alphabet, can count to 99, and understand that there is more than one way to make 25 cents out of coins, you have obviously just finished reading Tana Hoban's brilliant 26 Letters and 99 Cents. Whichever end you start at is only the beginning! This innovative book is two books in one! First, learn the alphabet, then turn the book over and count from 1 to 99 using combinations of coins.
  wichitafriendsschool | Oct 22, 2018 |
Very cool and interactive, a good way to teach counting money and relating images to numbers and letters
  darianskie | Oct 17, 2018 |
Fun picture book showing all 26 letters and cents.
  CECC9 | Feb 11, 2018 |
This book was great for children. All the letters from A-Z were accompanied by objects that started with the same letter. A for airplane Z for zipper. If you flip the book you will see the many ways to make change. This book goes all the way up to 99 cents! Most of the numbers have multiple examples for how to make them.
  mercedeslillian | Mar 18, 2017 |
Children take interest in this book. They are attracted to the numbers and letters with their bold shiny colors. They learn about the value of coins. They learn the names of 26 objects and what letter they begin with. This is a great book for your 3 to 6 year old or any preschool or kindergarten teacher. The students in my classroom loved it as much as my own child. Let it be a classic for you too. ( )
  nkoffler | Nov 30, 2016 |

Alphabet, counting, introduction to money/math, this book has nearly everything. Too much, in my mind. Maybe it's because I work with preschoolers, but I feel this book has too much in it, is too long, and some of the pictures far too busy. Of all of Tana Hoban's books I've looked through, and I really like a lot of her work, I feel this is the weakest. Maybe it works better with older readers.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 068814389X, Paperback)

If you know the 26 letters of the alphabet and can count to 99 -- or are just learning -- you'll love Tana Hoban's brilliant creation. This innovative concept book is two books in one!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:20 -0400)

Color photographs of letters, numbers, coins, and common objects introduce the alphabet, coinage, and the counting system.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,659,258 books! | Top bar: Always visible