Down by the Bay (Raffi Songs to Read) by…

Down by the Bay (Raffi Songs to Read)

by Raffi

Series: Raffi Songs to Read

This story is a part of the Raffi “Songs to Read” collection. It is a short, rhyming picture book that can be accompanied w/ a CD for audio. The story is about 2 young children whose mother warns them not to go to the bay. Throughout the story we see many different animal characters such as a “goose kissing a moose” or a “whale w/ a polka dot tail”. Nadine Westcott illustrates this story perfectly and does a great job of capturing the emotion of the characters on each page. I enjoyed reading this picture book and think it would be fun to read to a child especially accompanied w/ the audio. ( )
  bhammant | Nov 27, 2018 |
rhyming lessons - pre-k - 1st ( )
  mew034 | Sep 4, 2015 |
Great book and song for preschool aged children. The song/book are silly and really keep the children's interest. A great way to introduce rhyming to young children.
  mscrisso | Dec 9, 2014 |
This song has many rhymes about what you might have seen down by the bay. I want to use this in my classroom because I have found that students love the silly nature of the song and it is a great song to use for rhyming practice and listening. I would use this with children up to 1st grade. I would use this as a tool to help my students practice rhyming. We would do the initial rhymes in the book then make up our own to put in the song.
  JeniseRedding | Dec 7, 2014 |
A little boys sees all kinds of wild things down by the bay. It is entertaining and good for rhyming. ( )
  Gelettie | Nov 18, 2013 |

Raffiprimary authorall editionscalculated
Westcott, Nadine BernardIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Illus. in full color. "Bright, clear colors humorously portray the busy children, jolly animals, and frantic mothers that populate the song. Music (melody line, with chords marked) is included."--School Library Journal.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:12 -0400)

In this song, two children imagine their mothers asking, "Did you ever see a goose kissing a moose, a fly wearing a tie, or llamas eating their pajamas down by the bay?"

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,732,465 books! | Top bar: Always visible