Little Blue and Little Yellow by Leo Lionni

Little Blue and Little Yellow

by Leo Lionni

Little Blue and Little Yellow is about a family (who are all blue) and another family (who are all yellow.) Little blue has many friends of different colors but his best friend is yellow. They love to play many games together until one day blue couldn't find yellow for a long time. When blue finally found yellow, they hugged for a very long time and became green. They went home to their parents, they didn't believe that was their children because they were green so they cried. They cried until they were entirely blue and yellow again. They went back to blue's parents and they were happy. When blue's parents hugged yellow, they were turning green and they were shocked and happy. I liked the book a lot, especially because of the art work this book had. But, I know there was a deeper meaning to this but I can't put my finger on it. I think this would be a great book to share with young kids on how certain colors mix and make a different color. It can also teach them their primary colors. ( )
  cmsmit12 | Mar 30, 2017 |
I have mixed feelings about this book. On one end I don't like how all the families are all one color. (Little blue having blue parents and yellow having yellow) And on the other, it makes sense when trying to teach children about colors, especially mixing them and what comes out of each mixture. If you take it for what it is, an art book, it is a very cute book and fun for young readers. ( )
  MeganSchneider | Feb 8, 2017 |
This book can be used for diversity. Instead of using people this book uses colors.
  kguirsch | Nov 29, 2016 |
This is a story of friendship between little blue and little yellow. It also teaches color concepts.
  LeahAlvey | Jul 27, 2016 |
Torn paper illustrations tell a sweet story, with some anxious moments, that works on many levels for many different ages. The book was originally published in 1959; I read it to my children in the 1970s. ( )
  raizel | May 29, 2016 |
This is little blue.
"Happily they hugged each other and hugged each other until they were green."

a great book to show kids how mixing colors makes other colors.

Little blue and little yellow share wonderful adventures. One day, they can't find one another. When they finally meet, they are overjoyed. They hug until they become green. But where did little blue and little yellow go? Are they lost?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:27 -0400)

A little blue spot and a little yellow spot are best friends, and when they hug each other they become green.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,762,815 books! | Top bar: Always visible