From Potter's Field (1995)

by Patricia Cornwell

Series: Kay Scarpetta (6)

In New York, Dr. Kay Scarpetta, chief medical examiner, matches wits with a sadistic killer who operates in the subway tunnels. After killing a transit policeman he infiltrates the FBI's computers and sends her taunting messages while continuing to kill.

English (33)  French (2)  German (2)  Spanish (1)  All languages (38)
I found this the most gripping and tense of the Kay Scarpetta books so far, only let down by an ending that did not match all that had gone before it. ( )
  Stephen.Lawton | Aug 7, 2021 |
Oh my goodness. I was so tense during the lead-up to the climax of this book! It was utterly thrilling. Gault is such an evil character and the sense of danger was palpable. ( )
  Vividrogers | Dec 20, 2020 |
Although I started this book several months ago, I only finished it 2-3 days ago. I am concurrently reading the Scarpetta Series by Patricia Cornwell and the Temperance Brennan Series by Kathy Reichs and found myself overwhelmed with medical terminology.
Needles to say that I was a bit out of my league and needed a break. So, for the last 2-3 months, I've read neither series. I am glad to have finished this book though.

*Spoiler Alert*

I enjoyed the story overall. I did find it somewhat slow in comparison to previous instalments in the series. I believe there could have been more action and perhaps a better ending. I found the ending to be rather anticlimactic. I was expecting more, maybe a shootout or something. I do t know, it just made Gault seem rather childish and I never perceived him to be that way.

Anyways, rant over. It was a good book, even if not my fave in the series so far. Not one I would re-read, but worth finishing that particular story line all the same. If you're reading the series, don't miss it, it's important. ( )
  Squidget | Aug 1, 2020 |
I think I've burned out on Cornwell. ( )
  susandennis | Jun 5, 2020 |
Stille ist eingekehrt im nächtlichen New York, der Central Park ruht unter einer dicken Schneeschicht – eine Szenerie, wie sie idyllischer kaum sein könnte. Wäre da nicht die Frauenleiche, die in eben diesem Park an einem eingefrorenen Brunnen lehnt. Die Handschrift der Tat ist unverkennbar: Serienmörder Temple Brooks Gault hat wieder zugeschlagen. Er wird noch weiter morden, doch bald wird klar, dass er es eigentlich nur auf ein Opfer abgesehen hat: Chief Medical Examiner Kay Scarpetta.
  Fredo68 | May 14, 2020 |

Patricia Cornwellprimary authorall editionscalculated
Jukarainen, ErkkiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Narbonne, HélèneTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Peters, DonadaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rusconi, AnnaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sabaté, HernánTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.

—Genesis 4:10
This book is for Dr. Erika Blanton (Scarpetta would call you friend)
He walked with sure steps through snow, which was deep in Central Park, and it was late now, but he was not certain how late.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,306,580 books! | Top bar: Always visible