Dulcie's Taste of Magic (Disney Fairies) (2008)

by Gail Herman

Other authors: Adrienne Brown (Illustrator), Judith Clarke (Illustrator), Charles Pickens (Illustrator)

Series: ディズニーフェアリーズ (Book 11), Disney Fairies: Tales from Pixie Hollow (11), Disney Fairies (Pixie Hollow 11)

Dulcie the fairy, who likes to work hard as head baker for Queen Clarion, reluctantly takes a vacation.

I grew up reading Neverland Fairy books and this was always my favorite. Dulcie spends her day off working harder than ever. This book has lovely illustrations and it talks about how exciting it can be to discover where things come from and how they are made. Now more than ever, our society has been talking a closer look at the process of how our food makes it to the table. This also provides an opportunity to discuss different jobs and creating research questions about products the children had never analyzed before, such as how is a pencil made. These stories are great to read aloud and a lot of fun for young readers. ( )
  sdoody1 | Feb 21, 2016 |
I liked Dulcie the baking fairy. I have some similar traits to my personalities as her. I did not how ever like the new fairy Ginger but you aren't suppose to. She almost seem meaner then Vidia. I am not sure what lesson this one was suppose to teach because it wasn't the usually take you and time and smell the roses type lesson. At least it didn't seem like it was. I liked the little adventure that Dulcie had to go on to get her kitchen back though. ( )
  lavenderagate | Aug 19, 2011 |

Gail Hermanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Brown, AdrienneIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Clarke, JudithIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pickens, CharlesIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dulcie fixed her baker's hat. She smoothed her leaf apron. She flew through the Home Tree tearoom.

AR3.2, Pts 1.0

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,092,442 books! | Top bar: Always visible