The Cradle Will Fall by Mary Higgins Clark

The Cradle Will Fall (1980)

by Mary Higgins Clark

great mystery writer @ fertility specialist

This hospital-based horror tale features abduction and a research project that violates every principle of modern medicine. This is a reissue of a novel by a popular author often described as the 'Queen of Suspense'.
  christinejoseph | Jul 27, 2015 |
Wow can this woman write a mystery! This is the third or fourth novel that I have read of hers and I have to admit that she has quickly become one of my favorite Mystery writers. Every single one of the books that I have read by her I have not been able to set down, at all! They keep you interested and they keep you in suspense. You are never quite sure who is the villain or really what is going to happen. Love it! I will keep reading until I read every single one of her published books! Thanks to Mary Higgins Clark! Nobody could ever replace her writing. She's like a V.C. Andrews but in another genre! ( )
  diananagy | Jun 18, 2015 |
My favourite MHC book. I re-read this one alot. ( )
  margarita.gakis | Jul 17, 2014 |
I love Mary Higgins Clark. Even if many of her books are similar, they always keep you guessing.
This one seemed a little different than her usual books, and I loved it just as much. Always a who-done-it of course, but this one took an unusual approach! ( )
  TinyDancer11 | Feb 21, 2011 |
Typical Mary Higgins Clark, murder and romance. This was a book I won in a raffle at the local public library, not normally something i would choose. A light easy read. ( )
  tjblue | Oct 21, 2009 |

Mary Higgins Clarkprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Valassaari, Risto S.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"...for some patients, though conscious that thier condition is perilous, recover their health simply through their contentment with the goodness of the physician." Hippocrates
For Ray, with love always---Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, The last of likfe, for which the first was made. Robert Browning
If her mind had not been on the case she had won, Katie might not have taken the curve so fast, but the intense satisfaction of the guilty verdict was still absorbing her.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0671741195, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:51 -0400)

A minor road accident landed county prosecutor Katie DeMaio in Westlake Hospital. That night, from her window, she thought she saw a man load a woman's body into the trunk of a car...or was it just a sleeping pill induced nightmare? At work the next day, Katie began investigating a suicide that looked more like murder. Initial evidence pointed elsewhere, but medical examiner Richard Carroll saw a trail leading to Dr. Edgar Highley. He suspected that the famous doctor's work "curing" infertile women was more than controversial -- that it was deceitful, depraved, and often deadly. But before Richard could tell Katie his fears, she left the office for the weekend and an appointment for routine surgery...in Dr. Highley's operating room.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,037,806 books! | Top bar: Always visible