The Wonderful Flight to the Mushroom Planet (1954)

by Eleanor Cameron

Series: Mushroom Planet (1)

A mystery man inspires two boys to build a space ship which takes them to the planet of Basidium to help the Mushroom people.

Independent Reading Level: Grades 3rd-5th grade
Awards: none as of the current date
  Mathews_mallory | Nov 26, 2023 |
I mostly remember there was something about sulfer. And I remember I loved this book. I think I need to read it again. ( )
  Kim.Sasso | Aug 27, 2023 |
A really nice children's space adventure. The actual space part might seem a little short but overall delightful story with enough mystery to keep it compelling. Reminded me a little of Mary Poppins.
With so many magic based children's stories about its nice to see one with a more sci-fi bent. A great tale for any budding astronomers or astronauts and possibly any biologists as well, as there is a lot about mushrooms too :) . ( )
  wreade1872 | Nov 28, 2021 |
I would have loved this at age ten... ( )
  OutOfTheBestBooks | Sep 24, 2021 |
A lovely little story about two boys recruited to build a ship and save the Mushroom Planet. Written by a woman in 1954: why, oh why didn't she make at least one of the adventurers a girl? ( )
  stephkaye | Dec 14, 2020 |

Eleanor Cameronprimary authorall editionscalculated
Henneberger, RobertIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

To my son, the real David, who asked for this book and who edited it with a stern black pencil—and to Ian, who whispered in Mr. Bass's ear the secret of the marvelous stroboscopic polaroid filter—with my love and my thanks.
One night after dinner when David was reading Dr. Doolittle in the Moon, and his father was reading the newspaper, and his mother was darning socks, his father suddenly exclaimed: "Well, now, that's very odd!"

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 207,105,740 books! | Top bar: Always visible