Golden Fool (2002)

by Robin Hobb

Series: The Tawny Man (2), Realm of the Elderlings (8)

4,683492,026 (4.21)1 / 102
Taking up residence at Buckkeep as a spy, FitzChivalry Farseer navigates the complex intrigues of the court as he seeks to unravel the secrets of Prince Dutiful's betrothed and sort out his own chaotic personal life.

English (46)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (48)
4.5 out of 5 stars! The end of Fool's Errand left me hollow and depressed. Fitz is likewise in the same situation throughout this book, and he speaks of the pains in such a clear and concise manner. The growing pains involving Fitz, Fool, and various others are vivid and haunting. Hobb does a fantastic job making real issues like prejudices, love, and parenting extremely relatable in her fantasy world. There were heavy moments that required me to put the book down for a few cooling moment. Golden Fool remains a fantastic bridge in her Tawny Man Trilogy. ( )
  JumpyDr4gon | Aug 10, 2022 |
Robin Hobb has a skill for intertwining the personal touches that make for great characters with world building that seems small but, when you step back, is huge in proportion. That happens in this book, which continues the plot of the Tawny Man trilogy and connects back to some of the story lines started in the Liveship Traders trilogy. ( )
  eri_kars | Jul 10, 2022 |
I am continuously amazed at Robin Hobb's ability to build a complex story, characters, and world. ( )
1 vote auldhouse | Sep 30, 2021 |
No one writes character-driven fantasy as well as this author. Absolutely no one!

In this episode of the Ederling saga, Fitz has come full circle and is back residing in Bucktown. Playing servant to the Fool's Lord Golden and wallowing in the heartaches of his past, Fitz questions everything that has come before and wonders "what if". All the battles fought in this book are purely of the heart AND Hobb breaks your heart, over and over, and you continue to turn the pages for more. Exceptional, brilliant! A million other adjectives still would not do this author justice.
1 vote JBroda | Sep 24, 2021 |
These are so good. Really surprising that I never read this series before the last couple of years. I read these on my kindle and they last a long time, months. Long books that I really only read at night for a few before I go to sleep. ( )
1 vote BooksForDinner | Aug 14, 2021 |

Robin Hobbprimary authorall editionscalculated
Howe, JohnCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Santikko, SauliTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Youll, StephenCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The loss of a bond beast is a difficult event to explain to the non-Witted.
-- Prologue
The Piebalds always claimed only to want freedom from the persecution that has been the lot of the Witted folk of the Six Duchies for generations.
-- Chapter One

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,295,490 books! | Top bar: Always visible