Tripwire

by Lee Child

Series: Jack Reacher (3)

Former military policeman Major Jack Reacher goes to the rescue of a 30-year-old woman lawyer he last saw when she was 15. She is the daughter of Reacher's late commanding officer and some nasty land swindlers want her dead. By the author of Die Trying.

English (98)  Dutch (3)  French (1)  All languages (102)
Jack Reacher is bequeathed a mission to discover what happened to a soldier in America’s most disorganized and longest war. Jack must dig through years of government red tape to find out what happened to the elderly Hobbes’ son. He was never declared dead and his name is not on the memorial wall. All the Hobbes want is to know what happened to their boy. No one seems to know and those who should know aren’t talking. The further Jack digs, the more danger he encounters. What secret could be wroth so much that someone would kill to keep it that way?

Lee Child does it again! Jack Reacher is a character that you can stand behind. He is ethical and logical in everything that he does when he does decide to get involved. He genuinely seems to want to help in this particular case. I’ve truly enjoyed each of the books in the Reacher series. I was pretty disappointed that I figured out who the bad guy was before it was revealed to me. Either this book wasn’t that hard to get or I’m learning Child’s writing style.

Child doesn’t add characters where they aren’t needed. It’s nice to not have to remember a bunch of names that aren’t relative to the story. The bad guy was truly awful. The things that were done in that book weren’t graphic and really that was almost worse. Child left the violence up to your imagination. I didn’t feel that this was the strongest book in the series so far but I can’t wait to read the next one!

Recommended For: Readers looking for a suspenseful read that will keep you up for hours.

Avoid If: You are squeamish when it comes to bad guys who mean business. ( )
  stephaniedloves2read | Aug 8, 2021 |

Avoid If: You are squeamish when it comes to bad guys who mean business. ( )
  stephaniedloves2read | Aug 8, 2021 |
Jack Reacher 03
  JimFellows | Mar 3, 2021 |
OK, these are entertaining fluff, even if I keep having moments of pain. ( )
  wetdryvac | Mar 2, 2021 |
It's Reacher...which means plenty of action, lots of dry humor, and an enjoyable book. I just wish he'd tone down the profanity. ( )
  tjw_1970 | Jan 28, 2021 |

Child, Leeprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bellis, AndersTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Bergner, WulfÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my daughter, Ruth. Once the world's greatest kid, now a woman I'm proud to call my friend.
Hook Hobie owed the whole of his life to a secret nearly thirty years old.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,436,911 books! | Top bar: Always visible