Wolf Queen (2001)

by Tanith Lee

Series: The Claidi Journals (3)

Stranded in a strange land, Claidi searches for Argul, who has been tricked into believing that she willingly left him on their wedding day to be with the evil Nemian.

Cladi has escaped the Rise and is trying to find her fiance. When she finally tracks him down, he is not what he seemed and has led her to a dangerous set of possible family members. Lots of escapes, mistaken identities, etc. which were fun, but this is the book where Cladi’s silliness really grated on me the most. ( )
  janemarieprice | Jan 8, 2016 |
""
  LeaSilhol | Sep 1, 2015 |
If you like the series, then definitely read. But this book is really only worth reading if you're going to continue on with the story, or if you're really invested in Claidi and Argul. ( )
  Tigerlily12 | Jul 8, 2014 |
The third of four books and if I didn't own book 4 I don't think I'd be reading these. It's an interesting idea but it isn't really fleshed out well. Told through Claidi's journals this is a story of betrayal and finding out who you really are and what's important to you. Claidi returns to the Hulta people to find that rumours and lies have been spread about her and her beloved Argul is missing. She now has to go to see the woman at the center of this and find out what is going on. And to see what the plans are for her.

This series is proving to be a bit of a hard slog for me. I will finish it but it may take me a while, I have no real incentive to read it, a bit of a meh about it all (and the reviews on Amazon.com aren't helping that feeling). I sometimes think that Tanith Lee sometimes gets a great idea that then never really goes anywhere. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Nov 10, 2011 |
To be completely honest....I didn't like these books. The author created a semi-interesting fantasy world (though nothing incredible), but only a very mediocre and vague plot. I continued to read hoping they would get better, but even the end was very anticlimatic (not that there was much buildup).
The books were written in journal form, not that is bad, but there was more random thoughts, about the environment, of the main character than any kind of plot advancement.

I'm ashamed to admit I skimmed through the last two and a half books, just to get through them. Wouldn't recommend anyone else even putting in that much effort.
  Ilithyia | Mar 14, 2010 |

Tanith Leeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lee, VictorCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,881,548 books! | Top bar: Always visible