Mother Teresa: In My Own Words by Mother…

Mother Teresa: In My Own Words

by Mother Teresa

The collection of quotes, stories, and prayers in this book are all her own words and experiences. They were compiled from various sources. Her undying faith and concern of the human spirit is reflected in these passages. In her years of work, Mother Teresa has brought God to millions in places of darkness. Let her share her hope, faith, and love with you.
  OCMCCP | Jan 12, 2018 |
This book was a great way to escape from all of the novels about murder and World War II that I have been reading. It puts the focus of life on Jesus. I am glad that I read it for Lent. The book contains many short quotes from Mother Teresa. It is quick to read, but thought provoking. I am sure that I will read it again.
  RKoletteL | Aug 22, 2013 |
Lots of wisdom that only Mother Teresa could say. ( )
  kaylynvh | Jul 13, 2013 |
I have read everything from Herodotus to Stephen King, from Mark Helprin to Victor Hugo and every thing in between. This is unequivocally the BEST book I have ever read. I am on my third read. Simply put, it is a roadmap to life. ( )
  baddyo | Oct 18, 2012 |
Reason for Reading: for inspiration.

A collection of mostly quotes, with some short stories, anecdotes and prayers that Mother Teresa has been recorded saying throughout her life either to the poor themselves, or the media. These are awesomely uplifting, wise and true words of wisdom. If everyone could only take Mother's words to heart and live them spiritually, world poverty would simply cease to exist. The book begins with a short biography and introduction to this selfless woman who won the Nobel Peace Price in 1979 (back when it meant something). This intro. can be presumed to be written by the compiler Balado, as no credit is otherwise given anywhere. The book then is divided into chapters based on theme such as: Holiness, Prayer, Christ in the Poor, Mary, Virtues, Suffering, Smiles, Loneliness and Her Mission among many others.

One could quickly gobble up the book in an afternoon but I choose to make it a slow read and ponder Mother Teresa's words. Every evening I would read a two page spread from the book and have the rest of the day to think about any of the thoughts, or ideas that inspired me, and believe me there were many. I often found myself leaving a particularly hard hitting or soul grabbing quote (to me) as my Facebook status and I've dog-eared all the pages with those special words so that in the future I can go back to the book and go straight to those pages. This is a book that will be picked up and laid down many times. A good book to put somewhere accessible to guests in your home. ( )
  ElizaJane | Aug 12, 2011 |

Mother Teresaprimary authorall editionscalculated
González-Balado, José Luissecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0517201690, Hardcover)

Though Mother Teresa's words may be spare, her good deeds are abundant. The messages in this lovely collection--directed at coworkers, sisters, and others eager to hear the words of someone who lived the challenge she presented to others--are sure to provide inspiration for anyone who reads them. The quotes, stories, and prayers are a testament to the 1979 Nobel Peace Prize winner's generosity and strength of spirit: "Good works are links that form a chain of love"; "I never will understand all the good that a simple smile can accomplish"; "Before judging the poor, we have to examine with sincerity our own conscience." Mother Teresa's words and deeds fortified and inspired the poor, the dying, and the suffering. These powerful messages, combined with black-and-white photos of this highly regarded woman doing the work she loved, make for a truly unforgettable book.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:16 -0400)

Mother Teresa's work for--and among--the poor has become the yardstick by which the entire world measures compassion, generosity, and selflessness. Her words and actions have inspired millions of people from every race and religion and country to help the poor and needy, a legacy that is her gift to all mankind for generations to come. From 1950, when she founded the order of Missionaries of Charity, to winning the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979, to her final days, Mother Teresa served the world as a beacon shedding the light of hope, comfort, and peace on all. This book is a testament to the power of her words. Here are the same quotes, stories, and prayers that helped strengthen and inspire the poor, the dying, the suffering, and the doubting who she met during her lifetime, and that will continue to strengthen and inspire all who read them.--From publisher description.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,469,168 books! | Top bar: Always visible