Monster Blood III (1995)

by R. L. Stine

Series: Monster Blood (3), Goosebumps (29)

Evan's plan to get back at his cousin Kermit for his practical jokes backfires and he finds himself turning into a giant.

#29 "Evan's growing up way too fast!"
Evan is back again with another terrifying Monster Blood adventure. This time he's babysitting his little cousin Kermit who happens to love experimenting with chemicals. He's also a very bratty child and likes to play jokes on Evan and his friend Andy. But Andy wants to get back at Kermit. She happened to find a container of monster blood that she plans on slipping into one of his mixtures. Everything's all fun and games until somebody swallows the Monster Blood! ( )
  SumisBooks | Oct 12, 2018 |
I don't think people give [a: R.L. Stine|13730|R.L. Stine|https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1194380070p2/13730.jpg] enough credit for his ability to write truly obnoxious, horrendous, unforgivable children. No other author, except perhaps for [a: V.C. Andrews|1353301|V.C. Andrews|https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1413410493p2/1353301.jpg] or whoever wrote Babadook has made me want to punch a kid as much as [a: R.L. Stine|13730|R.L. Stine|https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1194380070p2/13730.jpg]. No Goosebump book, apart from [b: The Cuckoo Clock of Doom|125589|The Cuckoo Clock of Doom (Goosebumps, #28)|R.L. Stine|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1328867782s/125589.jpg|3089417] and possibly [b: Bad Hare Day|125590|Bad Hare Day (Goosebumps, #41)|R.L. Stine|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1328868162s/125590.jpg|1964290] created a despicable, obnoxious, horrifyingly irredeemable child as [b: Monster Blood III|125617|Monster Blood III (Goosebumps, #29)|R.L. Stine|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1328866049s/125617.jpg|120982]. Kermit, yes his name is Kermit, is quite possibly the worst child ever put to a page.

Why. The true monster isn't the monster blood, it isn't the way it makes people grow, and grow, and grow. It isn't Evan's utter stupidity and his disbelief that anyone would think he is lying when he says it exists. No, the monster is Kermit. The kid obsessed with chemistry, given access to chemicals, and thinking the world owes him everything.

I hope you blow yourself up, Kermit, because you're terrible. Bad things should happen to you, you sniveling, conniving bastard.

I hated every second of this book. Ugh. ( )
  Lepophagus | Jun 14, 2018 |
Goosebumps. This is the series that kept me reading through my childhood. More than any other series, Goosebumps kept me interested in reading, and R.L. Stein is a wonderful children's writer. I applaud his efforts, and can't express enough my gratitude for the series. ( )
  odinblindeye | Apr 2, 2013 |
Things aren't going too badly for Evan this time around... well, except for having to babysit his cousin, Kermit. Kermit is a genius, but he makes it his job to make Evan's job miserable and to constantly get Evan in trouble. Evan accidently swallows some Monster Blood, and suddenly he's huge. It's fun until the police and firemen are after him. In the end Kermit has to save him with his shrinking potion. ( )
  t1bclasslibrary | Oct 29, 2007 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,471,161 books! | Top bar: Always visible