Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Kundalini Tantra by Swami Satyananda…

Kundalini Tantra

by Swami Satyananda Saraswati

Kundalini Yoga is part of the tantric tradition. This book presents a systematic and pragmatic approach to the awakening of kundalini. It begins with an expanded understanding of the true role and potential of the body and nervous system, moving though an exhaustive examination of the different methods of awakening suitable for different personalities and conditions. Included is a systematic schedule of practice, within the context of a philosophy that is both pragmatic and transcendental, to prepare you in every way for this great adventure in consciousness.
  saraswati_library_mm | Mar 15, 2010 |
  Saraswati_Library | Nov 12, 2008 |
Probably one of the most tough going yoga philosophy books I've yet read, this is a detailed text on awakening the Kundalini within. Kundalini is the powerful spiritual energy within us all, it lies dormant at the base of the spine representing the female form, Shakti. On awakening it rises through the seven major chakras (energy centres) which align with the spinal column to meet her male counterpart, Shiva at the crown of the head in the Sahasrara chakra. Complicated, phenomenal and it really does happen! It's about awakening the true self and takes a huge amount of preparation. For example if there are any emotional blockages in the chakras the Kundalini can't rise any further, if we are not cleansed, purified and ready the Kundalini can send us mad.

And the Tantra? Well suffice to say, it has little if nothing to do with sex

A fascinatingly powerful read. A how to in some senses, but only for those who know they are ready. I personally have no intention of consciously awakening my Kundalini. If it happens this lifetime it happens, but I'm not going to will it. Sounds scary as fuck to me!!! ( )
  ishtahar | Mar 8, 2008 |
A step-by-step manual with illustrations. If you are going to read a book about the practice of Kundalini yoga, this is the one.
  Jaya_Kula_Books | Jul 12, 2006 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,487,060 books! | Top bar: Always visible