Boo Who

by Rene Gutteridge

Series: Boo series (2)

“Knock knock.” “Who’s there?” Nobody in Skary seems to know for sure… It appears that everyone in Skary, Indiana, is having an identity crisis of epic proportions–including the town itself. Once known as the haunt of the world’s most popular horror writer, Wolfe “Boo” Boone, Skary started losing tourist business after Boo abruptly abandoned his career. Now the little town with the big marketing hook is up a creek–and on the brink of bankruptcy. Meanwhile, the former best-selling author is hawking [or selling] cars and wondering, like the rest of the world, if he’ll ever write again. Yet even as Boo’s literary career gracelessly plummets, his fiancée, wholesome Ainsley Parker, is shooting to stardom as the media’s darling new domestic diva. Weave in a dreaming bride with a bargain dress and a few too many pounds on her hips, an unconventional therapist who has Skary in his thrall, a depressed cat, a dogged busybody, and a horde of strange, ghostly figures traipsing in and out of the woods, and it’s easy to see why Skary is the quirkiest–and most charming–town around.… (more)

WBCLIB | Feb 19, 2023 |
This important passage is telling of the main focus of Boo, which is the development of meaningful personal relationships. The book highlights the relationship between Ainsley and Wolfe, but also sheds light on relationships with other family members and relationships among the townsfolk. Has anyone considered why the main focus does not seem to be the formal practice of Christianity? Or why the book is even classified as Christian fiction for that matter? Gutteridge herself can answer that question. “I tend to tell people my novels are Christian because I’m Christian. I write from a Christian world view and therefore my stories reflect that. But I don’t feel the need to make my stories blatantly Christian just so I can feel good about myself. I’m comfortable writing a story that reflects Jesus’ heart and life with subtlety, because often times, it’s that still, small, subtle voice that is the most powerful in my life.” Can you think of any other fiction writers who share this same perspective? Do you suppose there is even a horror genre writer, such as Wolfe Boone, who espouses a Christian viewpoint?
  ubouronc | Sep 20, 2006 |

Belongs to Series

FOR CHERI
a true joy and encouragement in my life

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,661,155 books! | Top bar: Always visible