Love, Medicine and Miracles by Bernie S.…

Love, Medicine and Miracles

by Bernie S. Siegel

Recently added byvanyolibrary, private library, Cozmic, SOCH_CPE, VintiqueBooks, akwitt92, Hospice68, icrcanada, MidcoastFriends
Legacy LibrariesGillian Rose

English (8)  Portuguese (1)  French (1)  All languages (10)
Unconditional love is the most powerful stimulant of the immune system. The truth is: love heals. Miracles happen to exceptional patients every day--patients who have the courage to love, those who have the courage to work with their doctors to participate in and influence their own recovery.
  CenterPointMN | Sep 17, 2018 |
Lessons learned about self healing from a surgeon's experience with exceptional patients.In 1978, Siegel started ECaP (Exceptional Cancer Patients), a specialized form of indivual and group therapy to facilitate personal change and healing. This experience led to the desire to make everyone aware of his or her own healing potential.In this powerful and inspiring book, surgeon Bernie Siegel confronts time-honored perceptions, eloquently explores the link between mind and body and shows how you can become an exceptional patient, a survivor.
  CenterPointMN | Jun 13, 2018 |
Lessons learned about self-healing from a surgeon's experience with exceptional patients.
  PendleHillLibrary | Jan 29, 2015 |
This book changed my life...forever, when I read it in 1992, when diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS).

I heard words like "no cure for MS", "nothing you can do", and so on. I was only 29 years old and I decided not to believe any of the words, no matter what research showed, what well-meaning friends said, etc., etc. (lots of etc.'s) after reading this book. The book did not tell me not to face the reality of the illness but to face it in a different way.

And I have.

The first symptoms of MS started when I was 24 years old and now, in 2013, I have had the illness more than one half of my life (you can do the math). :-) I have been told by more than one doctor comments such as "you shouldn't be walking" (but I am )and "you should be in a nursing home" (but I am not). I live independently, have lots of goals for my life, and try to live my life one day at the time within the limits of the illness (yes, there are limits especially since I am getting older too). :-)

The illness affects every patient differently so just because they are not like me, doesn't mean that they have not done something right for themselves, or that I am doing everything right for myself. I have read many books in the field of psychoneuroimmunology (or mind-body connection to health) since then. Using Love, Medicine and Miracles I started my road in life owning my decisions, good or bad, negative or positive, and not letting outside circumstances alone own my life. ( )
  Ocean_Mist | Apr 21, 2013 |
Rated: B+ ( )
  jmcdbooks | Jan 29, 2013 |

Gary Selden, Gary Stimeling

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060919833, Paperback)

Unconditional love is the most powerful stimulant of the immune system. The truth is: love heals. Miracles happen to exceptional patients every day—patients who have the courage to love, those who have the courage to work with their doctors to participate in and influence their own recovery.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:56 -0400)

This approach to dealing with illness demonstrates how taking control of illness can result in successful treatment and emotional growth.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,747,925 books! | Top bar: Always visible