Veil of Midnight

by Lara Adrian, Lara Adrian (Author)

Series: Midnight Breed (5)

"A warrior trained in bullets and blades, Renata cannot be bested by any man--vampire or mortal. But her most powerful weapon is her extraordinary psychic ability--a gift both rare and deadly. Now a stranger threatens her hard-won independence--a golden-haired vampire who lures her into a realm of darkness...and pleasure beyond imagining..."--p. [4] of cover.… (more)

This one was interesting because of his ability with nature.... I thought it was pretty cool that he could build them shelter with the mere thought of it while lying in the woods. The tension is getting deeper with the whole "elder Alien" being alive and being used to make an army. ( )
  hixxup79 | Feb 23, 2020 |
i really like the books. ( )
  RobinCripps | Jul 12, 2019 |
Listened to audio narrated by Hillary Huber. Nikola finds Renata serving in a GenOne's estate. The GenOne is an evil man and his son is just as loathsome. Nikolai discovers atrocities and plans to have the GenOne killed for his crimes. Things happen that cause Nikolai to be taken and Renata uses her gifts to free him to help save a special little girl. All of this ends up leading them to Dragos and uncovering more of his plans to take over the world and eliminate the Order. Liked the story but some predictable plot lines. I like this couple and that Renata doesn't have to lean on Nikolai, she can be his partner. Looking forward to learning more about Hunter.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
I think the author is starting to run out of ideas about what powers to give her breedmates; Renata's power is a pulse of power she can send out which debilitates vampires but also drains her of energy. Strange. If I was Renata I would feel like I got the shaft in the old power's department.
Renata seems whiny to me (so you have a Gen One vampire abusing you? Yeah well I had to do five loads of laundry today, move it along) never connected with her or liked her. The only thing I got from Nikolai was that he has piercing blue eyes and likes guns.
Ugh! The author builds up her villains, makes them hella' intriguing bad asses, and then just kills them off way too quickly, such let downs!
Like the new added storyline of Gen Ones who are assassins and the character named Hunter (Gen One assassin) who Mira (breedmate who Renate watches over) saves, I'm thinking there will be a book in their future.
Nothing interesting here really, well I guess I do find myself interested in the character Hunter and what looks like new storylines for the series. Way too much like the previous books in the series except the two main characters weren't as engaging as the previous ones have been.

D ( )
  WhiskeyintheJar | Feb 14, 2019 |
4.5 stars

I really enjoyed this book, but it didn't have anything to do with the main couple. Renata and Nikolai really didn't do anything for me. I liked Renata's power and Nikolai was the typical warrior. They were pretty bland, IMO. However, I really enjoyed the storyline. I like how the story is progressing. It was exciting and I was practically on the edge of my seat to see how it was going to play out. The introduction of Hunter was intriguing and I can't wait to read his part in the upcoming books. ( )
  mitabird | Jun 10, 2018 |

Lara Adrianprimary authorall editionscalculated
Adrian, LaraAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Huber, HillaryNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
audiobook

Bound by blood, addicted to danger, they'll enter the darkest—and most erotic—place of all.A warrior trained in bullets and blades, Renata cannot be bested by any man—vampire or mortal. But her most powerful weapon is her extraordinary psychic ability—a gift both rare and deadly. Now a stranger threatens her hard-won independence—a golden-haired vampire who lures her into a realm of darkness…and pleasure beyond imagining. A combat-loving adrenaline junkie, Nikolai dispenses his own justice to enemies of the Breed—and his latest quarry is a ruthless assassin. One woman stands in his way: the seductive, cool-as-ice bodyguard, Renata. But Renata’s powers are put to the test when a loved one, a child, is threatened and she’s forced to turn to Niko for help. As the two join forces, as desire fans the flames of a deeper hunger, Renata’s life is under siege by a man who offers the exquisite pleasure of a blood bond—and a passion that could save or doom them both forever.…

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,507,539 books! | Top bar: Always visible