Remember Me (1989)

by Christopher Pike

Series: Remember Me (1)

After her untimely death, eighteen-year-old Shari tries to prove that she did not commit suicide and to keep the person responsible from killing again.
Ghosts (256)

{my thoughts} - This is the second series I have read by Pike and I was not disappointed. I have read many variations of things that include the other side once life occurs. I enjoyed the way in which he described the situation. I however did not enjoy the ending of this book when it was revealed as to what had actually happened to Shari that night on the balcony. Otherwise – I would gladly read it again.

Shari seems to be like any other teenage girl. She has her close group of friends that she trusts with her life and then her brother whom she loves and admires. She is a strong character that has goals and in this book her gaol is to find out what happened to her. She does find out what happened, she discovers a lot of things including that her entire life wasn’t meant to be.

{reason for reading} - I read these books because a friend had recommended them based on the fact that I had enjoyed the {thirst series} and I was not disappointed. I found a love for {christopher pike’s} writing style. ( )
  Zapkode | Jun 1, 2024 |
I was into this book! I'm sure I read this when I was a kid. I remember really like Christopher Pike. I'm doing a reading contest and one of the books to read was a book that you read from your childhood, so I went with this one. I also love when the main character dies and then the book is from their perspective. And that's totally what this was. Way less sad than "In an Instant" but still a great fun read. And just the old school feel of it. Interestingly enough though, there weren't a ton of references that would make me think that the book was from the '80s or '90s. Can't remember the exact publication date. Good mystery, love the dead person's point of view. I'm thinking it would be fun to read the Chain Letter books that he wrote. I can't really remember any books that I read by him, but just that I became obsessed with Christopher Pike when I was younger. ( )
  Mav-n-Libby | Apr 12, 2024 |
This book is self contained even though it’s the start of a trilogy. I do wonder if it was meant to be a trilogy when it was written or if the author decided to revisit the characters.

I enjoyed reading this. It’s part murder mystery, part metaphysical musings. I didn’t find the spiritual/religious stuff to be too heavy handed. I found that it added to the story in a way that felt natural. I’m not religious myself and usually I get annoyed when an author tries to shoehorn in their beliefs, but Pike doesn’t hit us over the head with his beliefs and they actually fit the story quite well. ( )
  LynnMPK | Jun 29, 2023 |
I like this book the kid who got a second chance after killing himself was a really good character. ( )
  Teri_O | Nov 11, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
For Pat
Most people would probably call me a ghost.
"Relationships are mysterious. We doubt the positive qualities in others, seldom the negative. You will say to your partner: do you really love me? Are you sure you love me? You will ask this a dozen times and drive the person nuts. But you never ask: are you really mad at me? Are you sure you’re angry? When someone is angry, you don’t doubt it for a moment. Yet the reverse should be true. We should doubt the negative in life, and have faith in the positive."
First published in the USA as three separate paperbacks, in 1989, 1994 and 1995. This edition contains Remember me and The return : part I.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,931,483 books! | Top bar: Always visible