Princess in Pink by Meg Cabot

Princess in Pink

by Meg Cabot

I really enjoyed this tale of Princess Mia's further adventures. From Prom woes, to nasty best friends, to escapist dogs and striking bus boys, Mia's life is never dull. I do wish I could like Lilly's character more. I keep thinking I will probably like her better in the next book, but this book really made me upset with her again. She does not seem like a nice person and I think that Mia (and others) deserve better than the way she treats people. Perhaps LILLY needs some self-actualization! All in all though, it was a funny heart-warming tale and I'm enjoying the opportunity to pass these books along to my daughter when I've finished reading them. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
I remember reading this series when I was so young in high school, I remember finishing homework and pretending to go to bed to read until falling asleep and sometimes reading them during math class. My mom always got them to me since I loved the movie so much. Great series for teenagers and girls who love princesses.
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
I feel like all of the reviews for these books are starting to sound the same but again I really enjoyed this one. I still love that these are in the diary format, they are so easy to read and I love hearing the inner turmoil of Mia's thought process.

Mia is still her sarcastic, panic-ridden self and this time it is about the prom. Michael hasn't asked her yet and it is coming up very soon. To make matters worse, her grandmother continues to 'ruin' her life but being a very entitled woman and not understanding how a teenager's life works.

The messes that Mia's grandmother makes are hilarious and so over the top I love them. I think that the movie did us a great displeasure by making the grandmother likable. Had they kept to the books, I think it would have been far more funny to witness Mia get so flustered about her as she learns to be a princess.

These books fall one after the other and pick up where the last one ended so they are really just a continuation of Mia's diaries and so you don't miss a minute of her new life as both a teen and a princess with duties. I hope to grab the next one soon. ( )
  sszkutak | Jan 28, 2016 |
I loved that Mia hates Andie's prom dress in "Pretty in Pink". I always thought that dress was seriously ugly for something that was supposed to be the height of fashion. I also loved that Mia grows as a person in this book. Some authors keep their characters in a maturity stasis of sorts, and no matter how much you like the character to begin with, a lack of growth and change is a deal killer for me. ( )
  ladypembroke | Nov 22, 2014 |
This isn’t a bad entry—I had fun with a lot of book five, and there is a sense of Mia growing up and getting out of her shell a bit in this. That said, I do have a lot of problems that start in this book; mainly, Mia and Grandmere’s characterization. While I can accept Grandmere being an exaggeration of royalty—used to getting what she wants, ignoring the demands of others—the whole subplot of her triggering a city-wide restaurant workers’ strike really feels too over-the-top and only serves as Mia’s solution at the end of the book. (And is also never directly resolved, which I have a huge problem with.) Speaking of, I’m not a fan of Mia’s motivation to get to prom with Michael. Throughout the first half, leading up to Mia’s birthday, we see Michael being an awesome boyfriend (why, yes, he was my fictional crush in high school, why do you ask?) going out of his way to do something special for his girlfriend, and Mia’s reaction boils down to “Aww, so sweet. WHY DIDN’T I GET A PROM TICKET?” It kinda lessens the ending of this book, as it’s all about what Mia wants, and not her boyfriend’s. Still, I did enjoy the book, despite my issues with it—I liked Mia being able to stand up and becoming a little more confident in herself, I liked Tina’s development in this book, and it serves as a good closure to the “freshman” books. ( )
  princess-starr | Mar 31, 2013 |
Princess in Pink aka Give Me Five

In her heart of hearts, Mia has but one wish: an evening spent with Michael in a tux and a corsage on her wrist -- in other words, the PROM. Michael, however, does not seem to share the dream that is the prom. Worse still, a service workers strike (with Grandmère and Lilly at the heart of it and on opposite sides) threatens the very existence of this year's prom. Will the strike end in time? Can Mia talk Michael out of his anti-prom views? Most importantly, will Mia get to wear her pink prom dress?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:36 -0400)

In a series of humorous diary entries, high school freshman (and Genovian Princess) Mia tries to get her reluctant boyfriend to take her to the prom.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,745,659 books! | Top bar: Always visible